• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Discontinued food products you miss.

@SusanLR , your mention of cereal reminded me of a discontinued cereal we liked as kids: Fruit & Fibre (the word fiber was spelled European style but it was a cereal in the U.S. in the 80s).

Also, I'm pretty sure the following are discontinued: I know they still have Jolly Rancher hard candies, but when I was a kid the gas station nearby that had a candy counter sold Jolly Rancher "Stix". They were wide and flat about about four inches long.

Yep. LOL...who can forget their hot "Fire Stix" ? Then came Apple and other flavors...

My mother used to freeze them and then break them up into smaller pieces like peanut brittle.

8f35456844fd8325d1068622064b3ffa.jpg

Last edited:
There's one food product that keep failing and failing to get a foot hold in the market, and that's the McRib from McDonald's. This is one product that they've been reintroducing to the market for over 30 years now and every time they do it. It fails to get a hold. Talk about beating a dead horse. I'm surprised that McDonald's hasn't given up on that thing a long time ago.

There's one food product that keep failing and failing to get a foot hold in the market, and that's the McRib from McDonald's. This is one product that they've been reintroducing to the market for over 30 years now and every time they do it. It fails to get a hold. Talk about beating a dead horse. I'm surprised that McDonald's hasn't given up on that thing a long time ago.

They're too busy giving up on Russia at the moment. ;)

Looks like there's already a number of more local businesses now copying major fast food franchises poised to exit Russia.

They're too busy giving up on Russia at the moment. ;)

Looks like there's already a number of more local businesses now copying major fast food franchises poised to exit Russia.

NO! This had been a perpetual cycle with them since the early 1980's. I don't this has anything to do with Russia.

NO! This had been a perpetual cycle with them since the early 1980's. I don't this has anything to do with Russia.

I was being faceitous about Russia. Though they really did make the decision to leave the entire country. ;)

McDonald's is leaving Russia altogether | CNN

My beef (pun intended) is with Taco Bell, which irregularly rotates certain items on and off the menu without much warning. Then again with inflation if they do bring back their boxed nachos, they'll probably want $12 a box for them. :rolleyes:

Generally I have to be desperate to want anything from McDonalds other than their fries. For ribs I used to go to Tony Romas, which seems to be disappearing one location at a time. :(

I just really hate it when much of any franchise plays a "shell game" with their menu items. :mad:

Last edited:
Speaking of Taco Bell, years ago they used to have deep fryers so they had the "Border Fries" which were tasty seasoned potato rounds. Then the whole corporation got rid of deep fryers in all locations to my knowledge and since then they've served those oven baked dried out potato chunks that are not nearly as good.

Speaking of Taco Bell, years ago they used to have deep fryers so they had the "Border Fries" which were tasty seasoned potato rounds. Then the whole corporation got rid of deep fryers in all locations to my knowledge and since then they've served those oven baked dried out potato chunks that are not nearly as good.

May be insurance-related assuming independent franchises might be tied to a single corporate group policy contract.

Lower premiums for less- or no deep-fat fryers. Lot of exposure in terms of fire and injury. One of the expense-related benefits of operations like "Papa Murphy's Pizza". They prepare- but do not actually cook anything on the premises. Much lower insurance premiums than say Little Caesars in comparison.

May be insurance-related assuming independent franchises might be tied to a single corporate group policy contract.

Lower premiums for less- or no deep-fat fryers. Lot of exposure in terms of fire and injury. One of the expense-related benefits of operations like "Papa Murphy's Pizza". They prepare- but do not actually cook anything on the premises. Much lower insurance premiums than say Little Caesars in comparison.

Correct. I've worked in the risk management industry for decades. Cooking establishments with deep fryers and grills/broilers require a costly fire suppression system.

Correct. I've worked in the risk management industry for decades. Cooking establishments with deep fryers and grills/broilers require a costly fire suppression system.

Indeed, absolute requirements. The insurer I underwrote for had a specific program for such risks. Competitive premiums, but it meant not fudging any such requirements etched in stone. The in terms of facilities major franchises were internally regulated along such lines. Making my job not as difficult as dealing with "mom & pop" restaurants.

Jack-In-The Box franchises still spook me given the very tight layout of their cooking facilities. Higher workers comp and fire exposure with kids running around in a relatively small space trying to service orders in a timely fashion.

Oh my goodness I just realized what I miss!

I miss McDonald's grilled chicken snack wraps, and their fruit and yoghurt parfaits.

Everything there is so greasy now. I miss their light options. i don't even think they have salad anymore.

I miss Pizza Hut being a sit-down family restaurant with actually good pizza.

I miss Carls Jr's delicious malts.

I remember buying malt ice cream in a cup that was good. I also remember my mom buying an Italian ice cream that you can't buy, Spumoni. So good.

I remember buying malt ice cream in a cup that was good. I also remember my mom buying an Italian ice cream that you can't buy, Spumoni. So good.
I <3 Spumoni!! They sometimes have it at Fred Meyer (a Kroger store) around Christmastime.

Maybe check Trader Joes too. It seems like something they'd have.

KFC Nashville hot chicken tenders :cry:

I also loved the naked chicken chalupa from Taco Bell.
Not necessarily discontinued but we no longer have Pizza Hut where I live but I love Pizza Hut. I hate Papa Gino’s pizza.

New Threads

Top Bottom