• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Disabilities in Prehistory

AGXStarseed

Came across this in the 'related' section during my searches on YouTube (it was uploaded only 5 days ago) and I decided to give it a watch.
I found what was said to be interesting and so decided to share it.

Hope you enjoy it and find it informative. Also, because I'm aware of how passionate some people are regarding disabilities and disabled people along with the fact that I've posted this thread in the "Off Topic" section, I'd like to ask that any comments you write leave politics out of them.
If you want to talk about Disability in politics, make a thread in the Politics section.

I would imagine physical disabilities in a pre-historical society would most likely result in the person's death or decline. I could imagine aspergers or autism would hardly matter much in a hunter-gatherer society so long as the person is able to perform the role assigned to him. Certainly being socially awkward would take a backseat to being able to competently perform your job function.

New Threads

Top Bottom