• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Dietary Advice Thread

Pizza is predominately made of carbs. Hence it is terrible for your health if eaten in excess.
BTW, The fat isn't the problem based on what Dr Ekberg believes.
Unfortunately cereal is worse at breakfast than pizza.

Ever wonder what happens to your cholesterol, blood fats, and blood test labs if you eat a lot of beef patties loaded with saturated fat? I am putting my body to the test so you don't have to. I ate 100 Hamburgers in 10 days and took my blood work both before and after eating the beef and here are my results. In this video you will learn the mechanism of why blood fats go up or down.

Two Big Lies about Type 2 Diabetes​

The first big lie is that Type 2 Diabetes is chronic and progressive. The second lie is that treatment of blood sugar is the primary target of therapy.

Reduction of weight and diet is key to curing diabetes.
It is said that 90% is curable.

I haven't researched Keto diets properly, but I will.
"It won't happen overnight, but it will happen." :cool:

Disappointing that the study doesn't support Keto.

Yes, I am on a high due to fasting and at the prospect of curing the disease. :koala:

I have lost 10kgs and counting.
I haven't been this slim since I contracted covid over 3 years ago. :cool:

I do not do well with refined sugar or any sugars much with my illness but sometimes I crave glucose. But I start feeling sick after too much sugars at the moment.
And I do also not tolerate too many carbs at the moment.
The thing is some carbs are often needed for energy amd different bodies may have different needs, you can have carbs not just in bread but also pasta and rice and grains and cereals.
I think no carbs are all like aikins diet or whatever is very unhealthy, I think you need some carbs depending your needs.

I do not do well with refined sugar or any sugars much with my illness but sometimes I crave glucose. But I start feeling sick after too much sugars at the moment.
And I do also not tolerate too many carbs at the moment.
The thing is some carbs are often needed for energy amd different bodies may have different needs, you can have carbs not just in bread but also pasta and rice and grains and cereals.
I think no carbs are all like aikins diet or whatever is very unhealthy, I think you need some carbs depending your needs.
I see carbs as evil because I have diabetes.
BTW, Ppl don't need carbs for energy. They can attain that through fat.

Sugar and other processed carbs work on addictiveness and stimulate pleasure centres in the brain.
I can't/won't give up carbs completely, but I have severely reduced my intake, particularly sugar.
I use Stevia these days.

I see carbs as evil because I have diabetes.
BTW, Ppl don't need carbs for energy. They can attain that through fat.

Sugar and other processed carbs work on addictiveness and stimulate pleasure centres in the brain.
I can't/won't give up carbs completely, but I have severely reduced my intake, particularly sugar.
I use Stevia these days.
Not all carbs are sugary but you have,diabetes you do what works for you.
I am no trained nutritionist but I know sugar does not agree with me that much but at times I crave glucose.

All carbs are a concern for diabetics, I believe.
The problem with them is that they easily convert to glucose and fructose.
Plz correct me if I am wrong.

Fats are the slowest source of energy but the most energy-efficient form of food. Each gram of fat supplies the body with about 9 calories, more than twice that supplied by proteins or carbohydrates. Because fats are such an efficient form of energy, the body stores any excess energy as fat. The body deposits excess fat in the abdomen (visceral fat) and under the skin (subcutaneous fat) to use when it needs more energy. The body may also deposit excess fat in blood vessels and within organs, where it can block blood flow and damage organs, often causing serious disorders.

What is the biggest fasting mistake we see in clinic? After a fast, if you over-eat, you'll negate a lot of the benefits. This is a mistake many people make, but also many studies. Several recent studies on fasting make this critical mistake and fail to help clients lose weight. Don't make the biggest fasting mistake. Check out my blog at https://medium.com/@drjasonfung

The sugar substitutes and which are and which are not associated with the risk of cancer:
Artificial Sweeteners and Cancer

From the article:
Concerns have been raised that some artificial sweeteners might increase obesity,

Since I drastically reduced my sugar intake and substituted it with stevia, I have lost a lot of weight.
Reducing carbs, in general, is a good idea, particularly if someone has diabetes.

"Read my lips":
Carbs are evil.
Carbs will destroy you, humanity, the world, the universe, and everything.
That last statement may be an overreach. :cool:

Intermittent fasting is the key to blood sugar management.
Just an interesting side note - smoking dope triggers your body in to trying to reset your blood sugar levels. This is why sometimes people smoke a bit of weed then all of a sudden go pale in the face and feel like they're going to pass out, because their blood didn't already have enough sugar to spare for the reset. Eating almost any type of food instantly cures that faint feeling.

Fermented foods and histamine intolerance​

What do you do when foods you consider "healing foods" give you symptoms like headache, hives, or stuffy sinuses? While fermented foods like sauerkraut and kimchi are highly nutritious they may be the source of these symptoms due to an intolerance to histamine. Not everyone has this issue, and not everyone will have it forever—but histamine intolerance is important to address especially in the autoimmune/multiple sclerosis patient. This is why I invited Dr. Becky Campbell, an expert on histamine intolerance, to share her insights on the topic with my audience at the Wahls Protocol Virtual Seminar—She will be giving her talk on April 6 as a bonus talk and the recording will be available for anyone joining the event late.

Vitamin K2 has been recommended in my previous post in the form of sauerkraut.
Unfortunately, since I am histamine sensitive, I will have to get vitamin K2 from supplements.

New Threads

Top Bottom