• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Dietary Advice Thread

Vitamin K2 has been recommended in my previous post in the form of sauerkraut.
Screenshot_20230813-104546-487.png

Well, something I am doing must be working.
I am now the slimmest I have been for over 37 years. :cool:

Also, I had a recent blood and heart check.
Heart, blood, kidneys, feet, and liver are in good condition.
I thanked the Doctor.
He said no need to thank him bc I did all the work. :laughing:

At this rate, I may live forever. :p

Well...
I did a test yesterday.
I purposely avoided ALL carbs and, instead, had one keto meal.
After I checked my blood sugar an hour and a half later, I was pleasantly surprised there was virtually no change in blood sugar at 6.1.

"READ MY LIPS!!!"
Carbohydrates are POISON for diabetics. :screamcat:

Looks like I don't need to take the meds when I fast OR I have a keto diet. :cool:

The ketogenic (keto) diet is a high-fat, very low-carbohydrate, and moderate-protein diet. There are lots of healthy foods you can eat on the keto diet, but it’s important to make sure you get enough fiber.

Foods you can eat on the keto diet include fish and seafood, meat and poultry, non-starchy vegetables like bell peppers, broccoli, and zucchini, avocados, berries, nuts and seeds, eggs, high-fat dairy products, olive oil and other oils, and high-cocoa chocolate.

What Happens When You Take FISH OIL Everyday For 30 Days?​

Have you noticed how so many people say to take fish oil? Is fish oil really necessary and is it what your body needs? What will happen to your heart, brain, and skin, if you take fish oil everyday for at least 30 days?

Preventing Dementia: Expert Tips From A Doctor!​

Bruce Willis was diagnosed with Dementia. Doctor Ekberg explains how you can improve the odds of getting dementia by learning these essential brain tips. As we age, it's crucial to take proactive steps to protect our cognitive function! From diet and exercise to mental stimulation and stress management, Dr. Ekberg provides practical strategies that anyone can implement.

Very interesting because a lot of supplements have all this list of things they are said to help with but it's not yet determined and finding the real things it has shown improvement in is difficult.

Also explanatory of what the terms mean.

You Will NEVER EAT Sugar Again After WATCHING THIS!​

SHOW NOTES The cutting edge in health now [01:09] How to use your genetics to your advantage [04:34] Is lower blood sugar always better? [06:02] Why there is no treatment for Alzheimer’s [08:07] The effects of exercise on your brain [12:16] Why aerobic exercise makes sense from an ancestral perspective [19:00] Is a vegan diet bad for blood sugar? [20:55] Are fecal transplants the future of Autism treatment? [24:37] Why now is the time to prevent dementia [31:30] Why you may not need to lower your cholesterol [33:33] How you can actually prevent dementia [38:54] The importance of sending the right signals to your genes [41:55] Are we all brainwashed? [46:53]

Uric Acid: A KEY Cause of Weight Gain, Diabetes, Heart Disease & Dementia (Dr. David Perlmutter)​

They also covered: - The several mechanisms of how uric acid causes cellular dysfunction and insulin resistance, including oxidative stress, inflammation, and even preventing insulin from getting out of the blood stream effectively. - The evolutionary reasons why the metabolic dysfunction and weight gain caused by uric acid would have benefitted us historically in terms of low access to food and water, by letting us more easily pack on weight and raise blood pressure. And how we now live in an evolutionary-environmental mismatch where this survival mechanism is now hurting us in the face of caloric abundance. - The different dietary and environmental factors that generate uric acid, including fructose, purine rich foods and umami foods, dehydration, alcohol, and more. - The optimal levels for uric acid. - How uric acid impairs our hunger signals, drives us to eat, and even promotes risk taking behavior. We talked about how to reverse high uric acid levels as a way to unlock optimal health. 00:00 - Intro 03:12 - More than just gout 05:06 - A causative role 07:44 - The number one cause of death 15:24 - Evolutionary environmental mismatch 16:58 - High fructose corn syrup 22:27 - The dangers of uric acid 23:38 - Uric acid and dementia 30:33 - Too much fructose 41:32 - Erectile dysfunction and cardiovascular risk 01:03:17 - No need to eat sugar

This is my third fast day, and I am considering a couple more.
No cravings whatsoever, presumably because carbs aren't affecting my blood sugar levels.
I plan on losing another 10 kgs within a year as I have done previously.

As they say:
"Make hay while the sun shines."

I'm also starting an exercise program, which is essential in the process, not to mention exercise is extremely important in terms of reducing the onslaught of dementia. :cool:

New Threads

Top Bottom