• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Did a happy dance, didn't know there were spectators

I actually did take dance lessons for my wife's benefit. She accompanied me to the lessons. after the third one, on the way home she said Ok, I understand we don't need to put You through any more of that

Last edited:
I am comfortable being the only one here who is dancing.
Dance away @Rodafina it's nice to dance :)

I'm dancing many times in my kitchen, if JJ (my spouse) comes to the kitchen I used to ask, hey JJ, let's dance... but JJ is NT and didn't get my enthusiasm/spontanity/happines about random stuff - actually that is something where getting diagnose have changed our lifes - like many of my quirks that previously was like really anoying to JJ, has now become "cute" traits of my AuDHD, and I learned that JJ was not rejecting me, but just can't follow my jumping brain, so I happily dance alone :)

I can only talk for my self, but I think maybe the reason I try to avoid being very visible with stims (or dances) - it is probably something learned at a very young age, doing something very visible draws attention, something you definitely don't want to do when being a target at the time.
I sometimes feel I could give a masterclass in “stimming for the deeply masked.” Until I realised I was autistic I didn’t consciously know I was stimming, didn’t know what it was, or why I did it. I had stims that people could stand next to me and not realise what I was doing, or even that I was doing anything. Years and years of (unconscious) practice.

I sometimes feel I could give a masterclass in “stimming for the deeply masked.” Until I realised I was autistic I didn’t consciously know I was stimming, didn’t know what it was, or why I did it. I had stims that people could stand next to me and not realise what I was doing, or even that I was doing anything. Years and years of (unconscious) practice.
I could say the same, but I wouldn't want to teach a class

New Threads

Top Bottom