• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Dexter!!

I'm autistic and an adult I watched Hannibal.I got so upset I cried for days and it still causes me distress years later.I think you do damage allowing an autistic person to watch these things and it's shocking a kid is allowed to watch a show like Dexter.Why are you letting this kid become obsessed with a serial killer?

Why is it damage to an autistic kid, and not damage to an NT kid? Just curious as to why you say it that way.

I am a huge fan of Dexter. I have Freeview and the new series isn't on it, I have a blue ray player so hope the new season will be on dvd or blue ray.

Dexter fan here also.

Sho Time has the series wrapped up for themselves.
I'm currently binge re-watching the old series while waiting for the new series to air each week.

So far, the new series is off to a slow start.
It just doesn't have the slice of life the old Dexter had IMO.
Of course living in Florida, I liked the outdoor scenes around Miami and was used to the
old gang of characters.

I'd like to see Michael Hall's Six Feet Under series.
HBO has it exclusive for streaming as far as I can find.

My son is 26, has autism and would not follow the meaning or mission of Dexter. However, I just finished watching the new Dexter series and liked it a lot. The point is made very clearly that Dexter only kills the bad guys who have gotten away with it. He’s a vigilante and it’s well explained how he got this way. The revival of Dexter in the Dexter: New Blood season introduces his son, and in the course of the episodes he grows to truly love his son and a lot of good emotions are shown. I don’t think I’d worry too much, as long as you emphasize how his his mission is to get justice. And of course that it’s just made up TV! I did love the country winter setting for the new season!

Last edited:
I JUST BEING NICE LET HIM WATCH THIS SHOW AND SOME FUN SHOWS IF HE LIKE SESAME STREET CLIFFORD CALLIOU JUST TO NAME A FEW

I am not a parent, so I really can’t advise regarding parenting issues. Regarding Dexter, psychological thrillers, and other shows depicting horrific infliction of pain or killing, I am unable to watch such shows as a male who is almost 64. These scenes are so morally disturbing to me that I would be unable to fall asleep. If I did fall asleep, I would be awakened by vivid dreams. I guess I may be viewed as overly sensitive or a wimp, but that’s fine. Different strokes for different folks.

Ironically, my neurotypical wife enjoyed the show Dexter. When she watched the show, I had to go to another room. That is just one of the peculiarities that makes me seem “weird” to her. She also enjoys watching UFC fighting every weekend, and seeing grown men inflicting potentially permanent injuries on one another. I view UFC fighting as human cock fighting or human dog fighting, both of which I feel is morally wrong. That however is just my moral code.

Last edited:
Ironically, my neurotypical wife enjoyed the show Dexter.

Apparently he's very attractive. I'm sure there are many women out there that have fantasies about him.

I can see why your wife would like him,he's a macho lookin guy...
Season 1 Showtime GIF by Dexter

She also enjoys watching UFC fighting every weekend, and seeing grown men inflicting potentially permanent injuries on one another.

Well that settles it. What's more macho than UFC?
I've seen some fights. I'm not a fan though. I find it kinda boring.

Apparently he's very attractive. I'm sure there are many women out there that have fantasies about him.

I can see why your wife would like him,he's a macho lookin guy...
Season 1 Showtime GIF by Dexter

Well that settles it. What's more macho than UFC?
I've seen some fights. I'm not a fan though. I find it kinda boring.
Wild assumption on your part.

New Threads

Top Bottom