• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Deviant Art & alternatives to Deviant Art....

superboyian

Former Co-Owner
V.I.P Member
Does any members here have a deviant art account?
If so, this is a good old place to place.

Here's mine: http://superboyian.deviantart.com

Anyone else have an account on there?

Other people on AC do have deviantart accounts,
but for some reason, posting the link in this
area didn't catch on. Is there anybody now
who wants to post a link?

I used to have an account on deviantart where I would post my own fan posters, art and desktop wallpapers that I made. I got fed up of people uploading my images and claiming it as their own, most of the time they'd crop and resize images, sometimes they'd have the nerve to do it leaving the image intact. In the end I deleted my account.

i used to have a paid deviantart account but i got bullied for being intellectually disabled and at the time;severely autistic,they said my art was terrible as well-despite the fact people with my disabilities quite obviously draw/paint differently due to our visual perception/rigid thinking/fine motor skill/imagination limitations,so they should have taken that into account and not just assume its crap art.

the laugh is on them;im now an artist in a profresional art gallery for people with intellectual disability,my eventual work will be shown all over the country in mainstream galleries.

i was badly bullied on DA purely because of my insignificant intelectual disability and my severe autism.
ive got back into art big time and i want somewhere similar,as i am very scared about joining again unless you guys think i should do it? i dont know,what do you all think?
thankyou.

If
i was badly bullied on DA purely because of my insignificant intelectual disability and my severe autism.
ive got back into art big time and i want somewhere similar,as i am very scared about joining again unless you guys think i should do it? i dont know,what do you all think?
thankyou.
Someone is obviously trying to be distressing end the contact
take note of their name block them nothing like the cold shoulder really sickens people
its the same as just staring and being completely silent it unnerves people
DONT give anyone your main email address create a separate account

IM not conversant with the website as i avoid anything with deviant in the title you open yourself to evil
thats the observant judeo- Christian stance
thankyou.

IM not conversant with the website as i avoid anything with deviant in the title you open yourself to evil
thats the observant judeo- Christian stance
i felt quite similar about the 'deviant' bit in the title but it was the only place on the internet that i knew of where you can showcase your artwork,and was a community as well.

i think, like kirsty says,i should go back to DA,until i can make my own website and domain i think DA is probably best,the childishness and arrogant attitudes on there really gets to me.

I don't exhibit on-line forums b/c I'm assuming that all of these sites claim copyright rights to your images. I don't exhibit my work on my Facebook page either.

I've considered exhibiting on the Art.com "new artist" site, but I'm still paranoid about copyright issues and suspect they would own anything posted, but that site may be legit.

I'm now looking for comic sites - but are there ANY art sites that don't claim copyright of all images posted? I'm not sure that's the case, so it's best NOT to post your art...perhaps just do links to your own website but to ensure you're images are always registered w/the Copyright Office in DC.

Anyway...good post. Would love to hear from others who have found art sites that don't own the posted images...

New Threads

Top Bottom