• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Dessert Poll

What is your favourite dessert?

• Ice cream

Votes: 11 42.3%
  • Cookies or Biscuits

Votes: 9 34.6%
  • Cake

Votes: 8 30.8%
  • Brownies

Votes: 9 34.6%
  • Pie

Votes: 6 23.1%
  • Mousse

Votes: 4 15.4%
  • Doughnut

Votes: 5 19.2%
  • Muffin or Cupcake

Votes: 5 19.2%
  • Something else

Votes: 7 26.9%
  • I can't decide!/All of them!

Votes: 11 42.3%

• Total voters
Hard choice between cookies and donuts, because a lot of the other ones make me nauseous lol.

I also like ice cream sometimes, I ate a whole quart of ice cream the other day and it’s helping me maintain the shape of my stomach :tearsofjoy:

Lately I have indulged a little and had these for dessert, it's called Punsch-Rolls. It's a small cylindrical pastry covered with green marzipan with the ends dipped in chocolate and with an interior consisting of a mix of crushed biscuits, butter and cocoa, flavoured with punsch liqueur.

So it's the opposite of healthy but everyone needs a unhealthy dessert sometimes. The Swedes invented these in what I suspect was an attempt to conquer the world with deliciousness.

punsch.jpg

I don't play favorites. Mercy, I even have things for dessert sometimes that would never qualify in most everyone's mind ( I will not reveal specifics :p ).

I would eat any of those on the list but I would much prefer some fresh fruit.

Also, if you ever travel outside of the US be very careful about asking for "pie". If you ask for a pie with no other adjective what you will get looks like this:

2c9a78c1-hero.jpg

For those of you lucky to have visited Puntarenas, Costa Rica, there is the Churchill. Shaved ice with kola syrup, malt powder, fruit syrup, and topped with ice cream that you add sweetened condensed milk over it all!! Nothing like it.

Puntarenas-churchill.jpg

Hard to beat ice cream, but I also like vanilla cake.
Especially topped with mixed fresh fruits like the tarts.

In the autumn time, most bakeries here make what they call decadent pumpkin bars.
I get hooked on them, then can't get them the rest of the year.

I love cookies, cake, pies, muffins, brownies, and other well-baked sweets. My fiancee is a killer baker, and we've had a lot of unique desserts over the years--nothing tops home-made pop-tarts, or peanut-butter fudge, or this new creation of peanut-butter bars which is basically like a crunchy fudge prepared in the fridge.

New Threads

Top Bottom