• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Depression and It Keeps Getting Worse

I have never taken medication. I do not believe that it is the way to treat this. I don't even believe we are really disabled. More like, hyper-sensitive with brains that run faster than the normal Cpu.

While I still have my bad moments (usually girl related) I have made monumental strides. exercise and a healthy diet is the best thing I ever did for myself. Next is meditation. You must learn to control your emotions (I think many of us develop borderline personality disorders due to the difficulties of fitting in).

In the end. I am confident that I will look back at my life and be proud of myself. You can too. As long as you breath, you still have a chance to beat this game.

Locking yourself in your room IS NOT the way to deal with this.

oh yeah. Basically- do good for yourself and others. Feel good
do bad for yourself and others. Feel bad.

Live long and prosper my friends :)

Last edited by a moderator:
You must learn to control your emotions (I think many of us develop borderline personality disorders due to the difficulties of fitting in)...
As long as you breath, you still have a chance to beat this game...Locking yourself in your room IS NOT the way to deal with this.

This is so true. How we react to the situations that impact us is crucial. It's more than some airy-fairy notion of thinking positively and being optimistic (which are impossible when you are depressed). It's understanding how your mind works and taking control of it, rather than allowing other people and situations to control it. When we let people and situations get to us, they are renting our mind-space for free. We all need to be proactive rather than reactive in controlling how we behave and respond.

The borderline personality disorders are coping mechanisms that our subconscious mind has established because we are not managing very well and not dealing with our problems. But we have the potential to overcome these disorders when we take back control and start to cope. But it may take as long for them to disappear as it took them to develop.

Similarly depression is a coping mechanism albeit a debilitating one. We need to ask ourselves why our subconscious mind would inflict depression upon us? What purpose does it serve? I think perhaps it is attempting to get us to deal with the underlying causes of our problems. I believe working out what you're not dealing with is the key to overcoming depression.

couldn't have said it better myself. My coping mechanisms used to be drugs and depression. Now it's being a compassionate person and distance running.

I tell my close friends that I am a Mountain where there was once but a shadow. Just the fact that I like how I look for the first time in forever has done wonders for my esteem. After a while, It gets hard for me to NOT be proactive. I've found myself taking chances that I normally wouldn't.

I'm not gonna lie and say that I've got this thing beat. Just a few days ago I was under a doozer of a depressive spell, but from it came a certain enlightenment. I just ran off all the frustration and eventually, I stopped feeling so defective and regained my now normal, sunny disposition.

Looking at topic start; I feel that's something similar to what is being described as "midlife crisis". And to be honest, having that at age 25 is kinda bad. Well, it's silly in general for people to have that, but some people do.

Looking at myself and "depression". I don't think I'm depressed, though tests say otherwise. On top of that; I know what triggers my more "depressed" moods, and I feel I'd rather just have them gone instead of looking up therapy for it. I'm feeling a bit more depressed because of the lack of services (or time) I get for it at the moment. I can manage my life fine, I just can't deal with people who I need to rely on for now, that are, what seems to me, slacking off.

In short, I know that I need to get from A to B, I need someone to pass the tollbooth but the tollcollector is taking an awfully long piss right now... (of course lateral thinkers will say; can't you fly or glide? Can't you open the gate yourself? let's put it this way; I'll try the conventional route, since it's government related and not worth doing time for)

thare is a company called vibranz and one of the things it sells it called love spray you put some of it on your forehead and in a minute or so you feel 100%better i have been taking if for a year i think i works wonders for me i hope i helped you i wish you a verry verry happy day filled with sunshine and rainbows

New Threads

Top Bottom