• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Dear Wellbutrin,

Fino

Alex
V.I.P Member
Thank you!

Sincerely and a half,

Me

For the past month, I've had a sort of darkness start to come over me for no apparent reason in which everything started feeling like a pointless burden and half the time I just wanted to do nothing then die. My dose of Wellbutrin barely went up and the darkness entirely lifted within three hours!

Medication and psychiatry gets a lot of negativity so I just wanted to throw that out there. I would certainly kill myself without it!

I would be dead without the Zyprexa, it's the only med that gives me some relief from the voices, well at least makes them manageable. Of course, it was a doc who took me off Risperdal in 2007 who started me down the road of schizophrenia anyway. If I didn't take meds, I would have been put in prison for life or simply killed (either by me or somebody else) long ago. I hated meds when I was a teen until I finally had to seek help.

Thank you!

Sincerely and a half,

Me

For the past month, I've had a sort of darkness start to come over me for no apparent reason in which everything started feeling like a pointless burden and half the time I just wanted to do nothing then die. My dose of Wellbutrin barely went up and the darkness entirely lifted within three hours!

Medication and psychiatry gets a lot of negativity so I just wanted to throw that out there. I would certainly kill myself without it!
All SSRIs Are only designed to aid you for a short period of time, that is why you will need the dosage to be changed or change to another medicine .
The idea is to use talk therapy as well !,in the medical community it is thought that will cure you of your problem !,little do they know !,they strangely !thought !synthesised opiates would do the same thing !,50 years on people are still addicted to it ! and basket cases if they come off.
There is still only one selective serotonin reuptake inhibitor advised by the NHS for panic disorder after 15 years !,that is my choice ,One medicine !six mandatory sessions of CBT ,wait another six months !!!!!apparently you will be perfectly well for six months thats the NHS enforced rule and not be suicidal ,so that you can get CBT again ,strangely !!!!the people who phone the Samaritans ( suicide hotline UK )are not perfectly well for six months and are suicidal .

Yeah. I think people ape up the negative stories of medication so much that the success stories fall to the wayside. It's important to keep a balanced view of these things and remind yourself that even if someone says they had a rotten time with a medication, that's them and that isn't your story.

I say it all the time to people: medication is a game of roulette and you just don't know how one will work out for you.

Thank you!

Sincerely and a half,

Me

Hey Fino, hope you feel better. Didn't know you were feeling down. Glad that you are talking about it.

I want to thank the makers of the mysterious pink pill that keeps my allergies away.

What's that? It's not a psychiatric medication so it doesnt count? I beg to differ. For you see, my sanity would have shattered long ago without it.

On the other hand, I would like to punch whoever made the weird blue pills. What kind of monkey with a hammer actually thinks that "triangular, pointy, and huge" is a good shape for a pill? A monkey who soon had to find a new career, I hope.

I'd also like to thank the caffeine. No, not for anything specific, just thanking it. I had a whole lot of it like an hour ago, yessir. Probably shouldnt have inhaled the whole fountain drink at once.

I'd also like to thank the caffeine. No, not for anything specific, just thanking it. I had a whole lot of it like an hour ago, yessir. Probably shouldnt have inhaled the whole fountain drink at once.

There's an old Garfield cartoon where the cat eats Jon's entire stash of chocolate coated coffee beans. Garfield is so amped up he is literally everywhere at once, beyond bouncing off the walls, zooming every direction at once at warp 10. I presume that that is what you will be doing tonight. Just don't break anything. :D:eek:

There's an old Garfield cartoon where the cat eats Jon's entire stash of chocolate coated coffee beans. Garfield is so amped up he is literally everywhere at once, beyond bouncing off the walls, zooming every direction at once at warp 10. I presume that that is what you will be doing tonight. Just don't break anything. :D:eek:

Being in 5 places at once is hard on the back, so it's more like this for me:

1996-03-26.gif

All SSRIs Are only designed to aid you for a short period of time, that is why you will need the dosage to be changed or change to another medicine .
The idea is to use talk therapy as well !,in the medical community it is thought that will cure you of your problem !,little do they know !,they strangely !thought !synthesised opiates would do the same thing !,50 years on people are still addicted to it ! and basket cases if they come off.
There is still only one selective serotonin reuptake inhibitor advised by the NHS for panic disorder after 15 years !,that is my choice ,One medicine !six mandatory sessions of CBT ,wait another six months !!!!!apparently you will be perfectly well for six months thats the NHS enforced rule and not be suicidal ,so that you can get CBT again ,strangely !!!!the people who phone the Samaritans ( suicide hotline UK )are not perfectly well for six months and are suicidal .

Sorry, bro, but it ain't an SSRI, assuming that's even true for SSRIs.

I've participated in talk therapy for many years, I have an excellent diet, and I exercise regularly. When I end up suicidal anyway, thank God for medication.

Hey Fino, hope you feel better. Didn't know you were feeling down. Glad that you are talking about it.

Thank you! I just kept reminding myself that I'd see my doctor soon and should hold off on despair until after that happens. :)

I’m happy with my meds as well! A depressive episode that lingered for over a year is finally lifting due to citalopram and seroquel. I have talk therapy as well, but that wasn’t enough to get me out of that funk.

So much this! I'm a happy to be off meds for now but when I needed them they not only saved my life, but made my life worth living and allowed me to make the changes I needed to live without them. Talk therapy is great but it's no use when you are too damn anxious and depressed to even leave the house to get to your therapist!

Wellbutrin is the one I haven't tried.
It increases dopamine, not seratonin.
I've tried a lot of SSRIs and none of them made me feel better.
But, as in a post above states, that is my body, not someone elses.
Talk therapy has not been enough for me either.
I would like to try TMS.
But, it is not easy to be at the same place, same time everyday for at least six weeks for the
therapy unless there is one close by.

Has anyone tried it? Any results? Transcranial Magnetic Stimulation.

@SusanLR, if you do try TMS or ECT (ie electroshock) make sure that you do lots of research and that your psych knows what he or she is doing. Sacramento has 1.5 million people but only a handful of psychs licensed to do TMS and ECT, so depending on where you live you may have to drive a very long way. As you noted that is difficult for some people, especially auties. There is a new drug for clinical depression that's so crazy that they spray it up your nose for 10 minutes, then they have to monitor you at the office for TWO HOURS so you don't have a stroke, then you have to have somebody else drive you home. That sort of treatment is reserved for people who are so deeply depressed that they are a constant suicide risk, and nothing has helped.

Some things do not have a cure, but if you can find something that helps you live with it - it's awesome we have that. Depression, chronic pain, anxiety, whatever - if something eases the pain, it's needed to help us have a better life.

New Threads

Top Bottom