• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Daylight savings time help

grommet

Could someone please tell me if the clock says 6 PM today what time was it yesterday at the same time?

I can't understand if it is an hour later or earlier now.

Fall =fall back so you go an hour backwards.

Spring = spring ahead so you go an hour forwards.

Your phone or PC should automatically adjust.

Fall =fall back so you go an hour backwards.

Spring = spring ahead so you go an hour forwards.

Your phone or PC should automatically adjust.

Yes but I want to know what time it was yesterday at this same time. I cannot figure that out. I want to know if this is the same as 5:48 pm yesterday if it is 6:48pm today.

Yes but I want to know what time it was yesterday at this same time. I cannot figure that out. I want to know if this is the same as 5:48 pm yesterday if it is 6:48pm today.

It is, exactly right. So the clock has been changed and moved one hour forward in time.

Last edited:
It doesn't change in the UK until 29th March. Apparently we do it to move an hour of daylight in spring and summer, from early morning to the evening, thus using less electricity in the evening by saving the daylight til later... hence it is called Daylight saving. Currently in the UK we are bang on Greenwich meantime that's the time on the Shepherd Gate clock at the Royal Observatory in Greenwich, London.

Hopefully after this year the law will change and we will stay on Daylight saving time year round.
The majority of the people want that in America.
Trying to get the law passed to stop it.

LOL Twice a year my oldest sister and I have this same conversation and end up getting each other so confused neither of us has any idea what time it's going to be tomorrow.
This time I've done a lot of complaining. I've been irritated at myself for weeks, unable to sleep at night and then not waking up until 11 a.m., sometimes 11:30. So I've been, like now it's going to be noon when I wake up. aaarghhhh.

Working nightshift, I always preferred the jumping ahead and working an hour less, but hated the falling back and having to work and hour longer. I'd always try to get away with going to lunch at 2 and returning at 3, but they'd never go for it.

6, yesterday, I'm sorry to say was 6. :)

I hate daylight saving. I can't understand what the point of it is and it really bothers me twice a year. Anyone I've ever mentioned this to seems to have no issue with it.

New Threads

Top Bottom