• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

David Crosby RIP

Nitro

Admin/Immoral Turpitude
Staff member
Admin
V.I.P Member
david-crosby.jpg

I love David Crosby. Regardless of band or album, I was raised on his music. His quiet, natural philosophies were taught in the way The Bible or the words of Ghandi would be in many households.

Whether I was a little girl exporing the redwoods in the truck we lived in, or climbing rocks in Joshua Tree, or going over Shasta or on endless bridges over Louisiana Bayous, his voice was always there with me.

You, who are on the road
You must have a code that you can live by
And so, become yourself
Because the past is just a good bye.

~~

Where are you going now, my love?
Where will you be tomorrow?
Will you bring me happiness?
Will you bring me sorrow?

The question of a thousand dreams-
What you do and what you see.
Lover, can you talk to me?

~~

I heard his voice in every home I visited, for every relative. Even the ranchers of The Greatest Generation were playing his tender lyrics.

He will be missed.

Honestly I thought that Keith Richards was going to go long before David Crosby. Keith really doesn’t look too good. Also surprised that Crosby went before Willie Nelson who will be 90 in a couple of months.

Oh dear, American icon status. Nobody can come close to him either.
Wish l could have seen him perform.

"As for his funeral, David planned a service at his horse ranch in Santa Ynez, California, where his hit songs, including Turn! Turn! Turn! with his first band, the Byrds, would be played by the oldest of his six kids, James Raymond, or his own recorded versions.
He also wanted a former lover, singer, and composer Joni Mitchell, and Byrds member Roger McGuinn to attend, along with Stills, Nash and Young, but at the time, they were doubtful — mostly because of feuds sparked by him."

He was also a great ally to the LGBTQ+ community. He donated his sperm so that Melissa Etheridge and her partner at the time could have kids together. That story alone shows how he was a kind and caring man and would help others when given the chance.

New Threads

Top Bottom