• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

daily chores

Lack of awareness/caring of social disapproval, combined with sloth, yuh. It's a depressing trapping mess if you don't pick up a shovel/broom/vacuum.

Fight off that sloth!

NTs are tremendously tuned into their social reputation, so cleaning is part of that.

As a matter of fact, i do struggle with daily chores, sports, a job, and never was good at playing an instrument . But i know I have executive function deficit, and autism, so I cut myself a bit of slack, now. I still spend most of my time " trying to get stuff done". Add in self-care ( running, a 12step meeting, meditation, artwork or other creative thing) and Im gonna be overwhelmed, but the self care stuff keeps my head above water and makes life liveable. I try to include 3 out of 4 of the self care tasks every day (and fail more than half the time) and the rest of the day is chores. I gotta make a list everyday. If anything extra or unexpected happens I'm thrown off my shaky little square and get irritable/have a meltdown. Before I cut back my work hrs I was miserable. Now I have good days a lot, and still plenty of meltdowns. I pay $60 every other week for a cleaning person (toilets, kitchen, floors, sweep, vacuum, ) before I made that decision with my therapist's urging, I was despondent and everything was not only cluttered and disorganized, but dirty too!

New Threads

Top Bottom