• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Curry poll!

Curry?

• Hate it/can’t eat it!

Votes: 4 19.0%
  • It’s ok.

Votes: 4 19.0%
  • Love it!

Votes: 10 47.6%
  • Mild heat.

Votes: 3 14.3%
  • Medium heat.

Votes: 8 38.1%
  • XXX heat!

Votes: 5 23.8%
  • With meat.

Votes: 5 23.8%
  • Vegetarian.

Votes: 7 33.3%
  • Thai.

Votes: 6 28.6%
  • Indian.

Votes: 9 42.9%

• Total voters
I love a good Japanese curry, they're thicker and more robust, but the BEST is an Indian curry with chicken or lamb. When I make curries I include a veggie with the meat, either bok choy and celery or eggplant. Both are AMAZING in curry! Poured over an organic brown basmati cooked in chicken stock, and OMG....the best EVER!!!

I like most any curry. I make my own curry powder blend from whole spices. I toast the spices then grind them. Usually I'll buy whole fresh turmeric and ginger roots, slice, dehydrate and powder them myself. Talk about fresh flavor!

The best meat curry dish I had was a curried goat dish quite a few years ago.

I routinely make my own curried lentils with coconut milk in my Instantpot.

The hottest curry dish I've ever had: Again, years ago in Minneapolis. There was a restaurant (long since gone) called the Sri Lanka Curry House. I went there with a friend and we each ordered our own curry dish. I asked for mine hot since they offered different levels of spice. The waiter refused to bring me their version of hot. He said he'd bring me medium/hot. I love spicy food so I was a bit offended. The dish was expensive and in today's dollars would probably be $30 and I was on a limited budget. We got our food and it was wonderfully flavorful and...HOT!

Insanely hot. So much so that I would shovel in 2-3 bites rapidly and then take a break. Yes, I know you're not supposed to drink water with really spicy food, but I had no other choice. After a break, I'd repeat the process. First off, it tasted good. Secondly, I wasn't about to waste the food at that price! We finished our meals and left. Then...in the car my stomach started to have very sharp stabbing intense pains. So much so that I told my friend if it didn't subside in less than 30 mins or got worse, I would want him to take me to the ER. Thankfully it got better and I still have the vivid memory of the experience as a result.

Voted for everything except “hate it” and “it’s ok.” Lol.

@Metalhead We seem to have similar taste in foods.

I think I’ve mentioned a few times that spicy food is always my first choice.

I don't even notice the differences between different curry. I just mindlessly eat what's put in front of me.

Love it. Medium, with chicken or veggie. Jalfrezi or Madras, vindaloo is a bit too hot, but will eat it on occasion.

I tend to go with veggie, because the amount of times I've had meat based dishes and the meat is almost always overcooked.

Ed

I like a "slow burn" curry. Nothing too hot for the mouth but after a few minutes you have to start wiping the sweat from your eyes. I'm not a big fan of the Indian style curries, I don't like premasticated food, I like something I can get my teeth in to. I prefer the Chinese and Thai styles of spicy foods.

Love a good bhuna, jalfrezi, balti strength curry. Tried vindaloo and phaal too extreme for my liking (managed to have 3/4 of my vindaloo finished but was too hot to be enjoyable, had about 2 fork's worth of the phaal )

Haven't had any real curry dishes in years. Though I certainly enjoyed the last one I had when I was on South Street in Philadelphia back in the early 90s.

I like anything spicy, as long as it doesn't trigger my reflux. :oops:

Apparently the hottest curry in the world is one that was made at the (now closed) Bindi Restaurant in Lincolnshire, England - with the curry been named "The Widower".
Apparently most people would only manage a few mouthfuls before been unable to continue (the chefs having to wear a gas mask to cook the chili in the first place to avoid passing out) and the restaurant was supposedly no stranger to having people taken away in ambulances from its hot food.

In 2013, a Doctor named Ian Rothwell was the first person to finish the curry; it taking him an hour to do so, with him needing a break half way through to get some fresh air and the curry been so hot that it caused him to hallucinate. Here's a video about it for those who are interested:

Apparently the hottest curry in the world is one that was made at the (now closed) Bindi Restaurant in Lincolnshire, England - with the curry been named "The Widower".
Apparently most people would only manage a few mouthfuls before been unable to continue (the chefs having to wear a gas mask to cook the chili in the first place to avoid passing out) and the restaurant was supposedly no stranger to having people taken away in ambulances from its hot food.

In 2013, a Doctor named Ian Rothwell was the first person to finish the curry; it taking him an hour to do so, with him needing a break half way through to get some fresh air and the curry been so hot that it caused him to hallucinate. Here's a video about it for those who are interested:
Bring it on, people! Watch me laugh and cry while I guzzle this down!

I enjoy vegetarian curry more and more these days, not quite ready to give up meat completely but vegetarian dishes are one of the first things I like to eat when I go to a restaurant.

New Threads

Top Bottom