• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Cultural Discrimination (Not THAT Kind...)

Riley

Pop culture can be as prejudiced as us humans. Don't believe me? Then allow me to explain:
  • Disney Channel & Disney XD HEAVILY discriminate against the Harry Potter series. Two of their shows have portrayed characters who are fans of this series as 'awkward' and 'outcasts' (Often to the point that character is a villain).
  • DC fans are heavily against positivity. You're not allowed to say a good thing about films NOT made by Christopher Nolan.
  • Healthy relationships are a big no-no.

Disney Channel & Disney XD HEAVILY discriminate against the Harry Potter series. Two of their shows have portrayed characters who are fans of this series as 'awkward' and 'outcasts' (Often to the point that character is a villain).

Good!! I don't like Harry Potter, give me some Lord of the rings and hobbits over this any day :p.

DC fans are heavily against positivity. You're not allowed to say a good thing about films NOT made by Christopher Nolan.

Films are always aimed at general audiences to plump up the box office ratings. The true content for real fans is the animated series and animated films.

Ah, Riley is a girls and a guys name I recently realized.:rolleyes:

I don't think its a good thing. HP deserves to be up there with the greats. Not treated as 'stupid' because Harry isn't an antisocial grump.
Movies can be just as good as cartoons.

I don't think its a good thing. HP deserves to be up there with the greats. Not treated as 'stupid' because Harry isn't an antisocial grump.
Movies can be just as good as cartoons.

Not everything is fan-driven. The only bias I see in that instance is corporate cultural discrimination-by design. Of course Walt Disney Studios and Touchstone is going to creatively diss their competition at Warner Brothers (HP). Par for the course.

Actors may universally "pat themselves on the back" as fellow artists regardless of any perceived competition. But the film $tudios and their $hareholders? Not so much. And then there's plausible deniability. That they can claim such animosity is all in "good fun". Or not. ;)

"It's business- it's not personal !" - Michael Corleone, "The Godfather" :p

Last edited:

New Threads

Top Bottom