• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Creepy houses

This is a strange topic for me to discuss. I like to think I am a very rational/logical person, but I have had experiences throughout my lifetime which I cannot scientifically explain.

I had nightmares/"visions" on the regular when living in one particular house (in the southeastern US) when I was a toddler. There was always a menacing red "male" figure hovering over my bed at night. There was also another figure hiding behind the bathroom door (I'm not sure if it meant to harm me, but it was still frightening), and I would have to bolt past it (in the hallway) to go jump in my mother's bed every night. My mother thought I was just going through a "phase" of some sort, but I found out (in a conversation with my grandmother) 20 years later that there actually had been a murder-suicide in the house before we had lived there. A man had killed his girlfriend/wife and then himself.

The first place my partner and I ever rented also unnerved me. It was a broken down trailer near a graveyard. There were holes in the floor, rodent and roach infestations, etc, but it was all we could afford at the time. I didn't so much have a problem with the entire trailer, but I could not bring myself to go into the master bedroom. There was nothing physically wrong with it, but it felt WRONG (I don't know how else to describe it). We ended up setting up our bed in the smaller bedroom on the opposite side of the trailer as a result. On multiple occasions I heard what sounded like fingernails clawing down the walls. We kept that bedroom door shut at all times.

The one other notable "haunting" I can recall was when my partner and I were moving across country from Massachusetts to Washington state. We stopped in at my partner's uncle's home in Wisconsin. Half of the house was newer, but the part in which we were sleeping was the attic/top floor of a very old (1800s?) farmhouse. I could not rest at all (which is not rare in strange houses/places), but I kept sensing a small girl in the room with us (once again, no idea how to describe the sensation; i know i sound like a delusional person). A couple of years later, we asked my partner's parents about that part of the house (we didn't disclose anything about our experience)--and they admitted that it was "haunted by a little girl".

This all being said...my partner and I are currently looking to buy a home. Viewing the home and getting a "feel" for it is an important step I think :)

Flown, you are a very interesting person. I don’t think you are delusional at all. I do think you might have some psychic or paranormal awareness, based on your experiences.

We moved into a ranch townhome in a retirement development five years ago. At first it bothered me that we downsized to a 1700 sq ft town house, but now I know we made the right decision. The homeowners association is responsible for lawn maintenance and snow removal, so there is very little maintenance work that I have to do. I like the home now.

Last edited:
I have been looking at a lot of houses on Zillow lately. My husband and I would like to buy a house to use as a "home base" and as a home for when we get too old to live on the boat.

Anyway, we are looking at smaller homes in Oklaholma and Kansas as they are cheap and close to his family. The oak forest, waterways and rolling hills of the extreame eastern edges of these states are beautiful too.

Many of the houses we are looking at are 100+ years old. Some are old Sears kits houses with wonderful built in cabinetry, leaded windows and loads if other semi custom features. A lot of the houses need serious updating and work too. Which brings me to the subject title. "Creepy houses".

I have noticed a lot of these houses are in dying old towns. We drove through many of them this summer. Some towns just seem to drip with despair and depression.

And the houses for sale in these towns are often weird with multiple finishes on the walls, patchy paint colors, mismatched wall paper and 50 year old carpet and with big stains on the floor. In one house the photo clearly shows a reddish stain peeking out from a slab of plywood on the floor.

Honestly, some of these houses seem to be the stuff ghost stories are made up about. I love craftsman houses and Sears kit homes in particular. But having looked at hundreds of these weird little houses I have started looking at newer, modern houses more favorably.

This is on of the strangest houses I've ever come across. Currently, it is being renovated after decades of abandonment.

https://www.baumeister.de/antonioni-sommerhaus-sardinien/#Bild-10-631x440

Wow the design of this one is edgy and sleek, really beautiful. It stands in perfect harmony with the surrounding landscape.
I remember seeing a house with an integrated natural waterfall in my school text book back in art class but I can't find it anymore.

The house on Sardinia that got labelled 'Villa Ufo' actually reminds me more of a sea urchin. Maybe that was the architect's intention?

Remembering a house clearance I once went to... the guy had a science lab in his cellar and scattered around the house were some pretty lethal chemicals. Apparently the people from Porton Down had to attend twice along with the bomb squad. It was when they found a WW1 nerve gas shell they got really scared... it was empty fortunately.

Remembering a house clearance I once went to... the guy had a science lab in his cellar and scattered around the house were some pretty lethal chemicals. Apparently the people from Porton Down had to attend twice along with the bomb squad. It was when they found a WW1 nerve gas shell they got really scared... it was empty fortunately.
I actually thought you were going to say it turned out to be a meth lab. Apparently they are commonly found hidden in basements and even if the lab is abandoned, it is still extremely dangerous to be around.

This would be my dream house:
upload_2022-1-19_10-51-56.png

This house is a little creepier than most. It is for sale right now in Arkansas City, Kansas
SmartSelect_20220119-104737_Zillow.jpg

@Ken
That is not a creepy house! It reminds me of the house from "Up". Have you seen that movie? It is delightful!

@Ken
That is not a creepy house! It reminds me of the house from "Up". Have you seen that movie? It is delightful!

Indeed, it is not a creepy house and yes, it is Carl's and Ellie's house from Up. Yes, I have seen the movie. I own the DVD and have seen it unknown times. One of my cherished movies - one of my favorite love stories. The story line is much deeper than is typical for an animated movie.

This scene is a good depiction of my first meeting with my wife (more literally than you might guess):
upload_2022-1-19_12-56-17.png

A real Up house was built and rented as an Airbnb. Not long later, someone bought it and is now living in it as a private residence.
upload_2022-1-19_12-58-59.png

Last edited:

New Threads

Top Bottom