• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Could use some answers from aspie experts about my spectrummy kid

Just another idea, you can see if he enjoys crunchy raw organic carrots. They are cheap at about $1.26 a bag at my grocery.
My OT (occupational therapist) who is designing an ASD sensory program for me, has agreed raw crunchy carrots are calming. Absolutely! Just an idea to try, maybe to pack in his lunchbox.

He goes through phases when it comes to food. For a while, I couldn't keep carrots in the house (and yeah, raw or bust), but now he'll barely touch them. I'd give him half a dozen baby carrots in his lunchbox and he might eat three of them all week, and usually because I didn't pack anything else. Nice idea, though.

I almost wonder if it's a sound thing for that one. They might be too loud for him, at least at times (particularly at school, which is a bit taxing for him anyway).

Yes! One time I got a new brand of potato chips. I couldn't eat 'em. Why? "My snack is too loud." ;)

New Threads

Top Bottom