• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Could I be on the spectrum? So confused.

Semantics. But then there are also acronyms taught in macroeconomics.

TANSTAAFL: "There ain't no such thing as a free lunch." ;)

Where all goods and services exist at a cost to someone. Just not necessarily everyone.

Its the policial phrase used in the uk. They're trying to bring in more paid services, I think.

You can be on a list for a new hip for free.. or you can pay xxxx and ill see what we can do :)

I can relate to a lot of what you said. I'm 34 and feel a lot younger, too! I feel about 20 at most. I still have teenage interests, and haven't changed since I was that age. While I've always been a social butterfly, I remember feeling like something didn't "click" at times when I was in early elementary school. The best way to find out if you're indeed on the spectrum is to seek out an assessment. That's what I did at 31 and it was one of the best things I've ever done for myself :)

I'm 36 now and sought official diagnosis earlier this year. I was already convinced I was aspie after reading female traits vs male traits. Bingo on most to some degree.
Main point is if your life appears to be affected then you may wish to seek formal assessment. If not, read the forums and books ... you can use the tips and tricks regardless. I felt relief at finally understanding who i was and why i felt the way i did for so many years. It's just self awareness...and that most NTs will never possess or question.

I think if you are looking for answers that is your answer. If you think you'r on the spectrum then it's a good bet you are.
Opposite of psychopath: If you think you might be one then you aren't.

New Threads

Top Bottom