• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Correct vision without glasses

Tarragon

V.I.P Member
How to see clearly without glasses using a simple trick - Science - News - The Independent

Ok, small aperture means less blurring :) But decreased light. The geek in me wants to invent a sensor that brightens up a small aperture image so you can see without glasses! Except, you'd need this device on some sort of frame, which means you'd just be swapping one type of spectacle (lens based) with some sort of computer enhanced one. So, simpler to stick with the lens glasses?!!

Still, its interesting to know how our eyes don't work as intended when we need glasses.

How to see clearly without glasses using a simple trick - Science - News - The Independent

Ok, small aperture means less blurring :) But decreased light. The geek in me wants to invent a sensor that brightens up a small aperture image so you can see without glasses! Except, you'd need this device on some sort of frame, which means you'd just be swapping one type of spectacle (lens based) with some sort of computer enhanced one. So, simpler to stick with the lens glasses?!!

Still, its interesting to know how our eyes don't work as intended when we need glasses.

You can do this with two lcd dot matrix displays. Yes, you Will need an arduino to modulate the matrix to give the proper aperture and light adjustment, but it,s easier than you think

I wonder if this would help people with limited vision? I am not knowledgable enough about this to know, but if you can only see out of a part of your eye, would this help I wonder?

Yes I've noticed this for a long time. Like when I am laying in bed and want to see the clock, I squint just right and I can read it.

There was an infomercial or something many years ago, like 15 years ago maybe. A pair of glasses that was like an array of dots to let in less light. Supposedly you could train your eye to not need glasses with these. Probably never really worked but who knows. I also read somewhere that nearsightedness is caused by stress in the eye more than anything, so if you can alleviate this stress then you can see better. Might explain why I can often see better in the morning. But it also might just be my eyes are tired and squinted.

New Threads

Top Bottom