• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Cool old tape measure ruler

oregano

So buzz off!
V.I.P Member
master1.JPG

Found this at a garage sale in 2022. It has been at my mom's place for emergencies. I finally got a pic of it. Master Lock once made tape measures!

master2.JPG

Too bad the letters on the back were too grimy to show.

master3.JPG

Cool old fashioned number font.

master4.JPG

In those days, the end user was expected to know that one foot was 12 inches.

View attachment 104027

Found this at a garage sale in 2022. It has been at my mom's place for emergencies. I finally got a pic of it. Master Lock once made tape measures!

View attachment 104028

Too bad the letters on the back were too grimy to show.

View attachment 104029

Cool old fashioned number font.

View attachment 104030

In those days, the end user was expected to know that one foot was 12 inches.
I love how even tools of yesteryear have some cool design flourishes. The lettering and patterns on the case and the badge on the front just make it look like something you'd want to pick up and enjoy looking at. Kinda a bit redundant on a tool I suppose but it's really cool! :)

I love looking at vintage items. I have an obsession of retro 1950s items and aesthetics. I feel like I belong in the 1950s.

I love how even tools of yesteryear have some cool design flourishes. The lettering and patterns on the case and the badge on the front just make it look like something you'd want to pick up and enjoy looking at. Kinda a bit redundant on a tool I suppose but it's really cool! :)
I think it's awesome when the tools of someone's trade are something nice, like you'd actually want to use it every day. It's a nice aesthetic and for people who work with their hands, it's nice to have some beauty in life.

I think it's awesome when the tools of someone's trade are something nice, like you'd actually want to use it every day. It's a nice aesthetic and for people who work with their hands, it's nice to have some beauty in life.
They look much more pretty than tools do these days. Everything tool wise these days looks like some sort of sci-fi ray gun with weird zigzags textured in to the body. They have stupid hyperbolic macho slogans embossed on them like "MAXIMUM POWER!" "ULTIMATE TORQUE" "RUGGED!" "TOUGH!". Even the tape measures look like a Romulan war ship! I don't get it!?

My dad used to have this old Black and Decker power drill. It looked like something from Flash Gordon, which may sound a bit hypocritical, but it genuinely looked pretty.

When I was maybe 2 years old, I was so fascinated by it, one morning I climbed out of my crib, went downstairs and took it from the cupboard under the stairs. As I'd seen my dad use it with an extension cable, I had the presence of mind to get that too! I plugged it all in and was a bit disappointed to find it didn't do anything. So I examined the drill and saw an orange trigger and two smaller round buttons either side of the trigger on the handle. I tried to press the trigger but it didn't move, then I figured maybe the two smaller buttons were involved. So I grabbed the handle with both hands and squeezed as hard as I could! The drill dutifully powered up and the torque spun it out of my hands! And I believe my exact words were "AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!".
My dad still talks about that incident to this day lol! :)

New Threads

Top Bottom