• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Convenience Store Woman

I don't know. I have not read it.
But I see in the link you have provided
upload_2019-12-6_13-2-36.png

evidence that leads me to believe that I wouldn't like it.
I read the first one, tried to read the second but
couldn't tolerate it.

The first one was not satisfying and the second
I read enough to decide to be merciful to myself
and quit reading.

But, to the point, is the character on the spectrum?
This reviewer thinks she may be. :

"...short, charming and delightful novel that has a simple story to tell should make it Japan’s answer to Mark Haddon’s The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night-Time. The story is about a convenience store worker named Keiko Furukura who suffers from Asperger’s Syndrome-like symptoms."
A Review of Sayaka Murata’s “Convenience Store Woman”

Possibly, by it's description it seems likely. The reviews that I've read indicate an individual who is different and interesting. I've not read the book, but it appears to be something I would like reading.

I don't know. I have not read it.
But I see in the link you have provided
View attachment 58723
evidence that leads me to believe that I wouldn't like it.
I read the first one, tried to read the second but
couldn't tolerate it.

The first one was not satisfying and the second
I read enough to decide to be merciful to myself
and quit reading.

But, to the point, is the character on the spectrum?
This reviewer thinks she may be. :

"...short, charming and delightful novel that has a simple story to tell should make it Japan’s answer to Mark Haddon’s The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night-Time. The story is about a convenience store worker named Keiko Furukura who suffers from Asperger’s Syndrome-like symptoms."
A Review of Sayaka Murata’s “Convenience Store Woman”

I am sitting here laughing. I posted the link so folks would know which book I meant. There is more than one by that title. It didn't occur to me to read the reviews there.

Possibly, by it's description it seems likely. The reviews that I've read indicate an individual who is different and interesting. I've not read the book, but it appears to be something I would like reading.

I liked it on the whole. But I am new to aspergers/autism and did not know if this was a description of it or not.

From the title I thought this was going to be a new label for a type of person, like 'Helicopter parent' or 'Refrigerator Mom', etc. I briefly tried to imagine what it might be, but all I could come up with was a lady light enough for you to hold up.

From the title I thought this was going to be a new label for a type of person, like 'Helicopter parent' or 'Refrigerator Mom', etc. I briefly tried to imagine what it might be, but all I could come up with was a lady light enough for you to hold up.

That is fun to think about.

Maybe someone whose interest in you is based soley on your role as a customer. She will greet you warmly and take your money, but has no other interest in you. It might be terrible if that was your mom.

New Threads

Top Bottom