• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Continuously Variable Transmissions (CVT)

Wow! I did not realize that they were that big of a problem. That video makes me feel lucky that we have not had any trouble with ours. It still is not something that I like hearing about. Now I have permanently crossed fingers.

I'm not sure what to think about this technology in general, apart from Ford's experience. After all, there are some major players still using it. Though in my car search it would seem I'm looking for something likely to be a manual transmission, ducking both dual-clutch transmissions and CVTs, apart from any stop/start technology.

As for keyless entry systems, it seems at least some of the major players are most definitely working on their security concerns, enough to be quite tight-lipped about whatever it is that they have done. I suppose for the timed being the best bet is to keep your keyless entry fob in an aluminum-lined container....like a miniature faraday cage.

And to think that new cars used to be a fun proposition. :eek:

I'm not sure what to think about this technology in general, apart from Ford's experience. After all, there are some major players still using it. Though in my car search it would seem I'm looking for something likely to be a manual transmission, ducking both dual-clutch transmissions and CVTs, apart from any stop/start technology.

As for keyless entry systems, it seems at least some of the major players are most definitely working on their security concerns, enough to be quite tight-lipped about whatever it is that they have done. I suppose for the timed being the best bet is to keep your keyless entry fob in an aluminum-lined container....like a miniature faraday cage.

And to think that new cars used to be a fun proposition. :eek:

Judge, have you considered a conventional automatic transmission? I have a friend who has a transmission repair shop. He says that todays automatics will outlast the engine they are bolted to, provided they are maintained. My truck has 230000+ miles on it and still works good. It has a aftermarket trans oil cooler and gets new trans oil & filter every 20000 miles.

Judge, have you considered a conventional automatic transmission? I have a friend who has a transmission repair shop. He says that todays automatics will outlast the engine they are bolted to, provided they are maintained. My truck has 230000+ miles on it and still works good. It has a aftermarket trans oil cooler and gets new trans oil & filter every 20000 miles.

I'm afraid that's always relative to the car in question. Easier so far to just go manual and sidestep the whole mess when it comes to new cars. So far the ones I looked at only offered CVT or DCT.

New Threads

Top Bottom