• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Constantly Itchy!!!

Dollar Tree sells Yardley Oatmeal and Almond soap. It's so lovely. I have very sensitive skin, and it moisturizes and soothes it.

Maybe coconut oil either topically or internally? Can you eat avocados? Those are great for skin. Yogurt seems to help me with skin. Kiss My Face is an excellent line of natural health products.

And my final answer......
I swear by this product. It cured my daughter's psoriasis.

Jojoba oil by Kiss My Face

I have used this for a variety of things from removing heavy stage makeup when a friend was a walk on in Aida opera, helps with itching and dry skin.

Possibly tea oil? Oil does turn rancid so it is time sensitive. Skin absorbs jojoba so quickly, so no oily mess.

You should be going back and forth with a doctor on this issue, receiving treatments and reporting back to them to see what needs to be changed.

I assume you've tried all of these, since you seem to be feeling hopeless.
  • "Antihistamines.
  • Topical steroids or oral steroids.
  • Topical non-steroid creams, such as cooling gels, anti-itching medicines, or capsaicin.
  • Antidepressant medications.
  • Immunosuppressant medications, such as cyclosporine A"

About 20 years ago I came down with a similar skin condition, a systemic rash that itched horribly and if I did scratch a place it would bleed. After playing the doctor game (sorry, I am not a big fan of the medical profession in the US) for 18-24 months, being miserable the whole time, I took matters into my own hands and eliminated some things from my diet. I stopped eating some of the more common things people have allergies to, like wheat, eggs, nuts, a few others. It took 3-4 weeks but the rash cleared up! So I slowly put back the things I had eliminated one at a time, and turned out I had become allergic to eggs. Why no doctor along the way could tell me that (and stop my suffering) or at least test for it I don't know. Without eggs I have been fine since.

From that experience, I learned that skin conditions are slow to respond so any remedy you apply may take a month or so see a change. I also learned doctors are not deities; take what they say with a lot of salt. The receive no training in diet/nutrition. And for chronic conditions like this, suspect diet. Even if a medication does help, what are you going to take it the rest of your life? Makes more sense to avoid a certain food or take a particular supplement.

I think diet has a lot to do with my eczema, too. It is an autoimmune disorder so my immune system is unhappy about something. I just don't know what. I'm also experimenting with eliminating certain foods to see if it helps me. I suspect eggs or the nightshade plants (tomatoes, eggplant, potatoes) might be allergens for me so I quit eating eggs two weeks ago. So far, so good. I'll start eating them again soon and see what happens. If it's not eggs, then I'll eliminate tomatoes for awhile.

I know I'm allergic to peanuts and hops (beer) so I avoid them anyway. I also take a daily multivitamin and vitamin D3 and drink lots of water so my skin has plenty of moisture, assuming my body is making the water accessible to my skin. That probably makes no sense but if I am awash with water but my skin is dry, then what's up with that? Much of our immune system is in our gut so what we ingest is important.

Whole-body itching could be a sign of an underlying condition like multiple myeloma, lymphoma, liver disease and many others, a lot of factors which could cause it.

Examples include shingles, pinched nerves, and multiple sclerosis, psychiatric disorders. There are a lot of factors which can cause body itching, so you can know exactly what the reason is only after you go to a doctor and he will examine you, take some analysis. The reasons why body is itching is because of the diabetes. I am fighting this disease taking the right medicine, https://www.pillpal.to/anti-diabetic-1806/glifor-1000-mg-43772.html and also having a healthy lifestyle and diet.

New Threads

Top Bottom