• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Confused on Girl crush.

shonjon15

Hey,
Im 30, had aspies since I was 3. Im having a lot of trouble with figuring out if this girl likes me or if she is playing games with my heart strings and just flirting to b nice. I havent told her about my issues (I have many) but our interactions suggest she is really into me but when I finish them Im left so confused. Does anyone else have trouble with understanding flirting? Or when someone is into you and when they are just bring flirtatious with no intend on ever going out with you?

Does anyone else have trouble with understanding flirting?

Always have. Always will. And if I do figure it out, it's always after the fact. Never in real-time. :confused:

Of course at my age it's not really something that comes up any more....

I can't really tell if a guy is just being friendly/jokey (but with no romantic interest) or if the is romantic interest there. (I'm female, by the way)

Always have. Always will. And if I do figure it out, it's always after the fact. Never in real-time. :confused:

Time-delay is frustrating and annoying.

I never know. Even after the fact its like 'maybe but probably just wishful thinking'. I like to think if they are really interested they'd say something. Its kinda hard that I get on better with women than men. I have been single 7 years, dont think it's going to change anytime soon. I'm too picky xD.

I fully understand, really. I'm still not sure if nobody has ever flirted with me or if I have just always been blind to it.

I currently have a girlfriend, we talked about it and she told me she flirted with me on our first date. She commented on my ring and wanted to see it, used that as an excuse to touch my hand. She said that was flirting, I just thought she liked my ring xD

She commented on my ring and wanted to see it, used that as an excuse to touch my hand. She said that was flirting, I just thought she liked my ring xD

This is funny. I have a friend who's touchy feely and using logic I would say she's into me, however, she has a boyfriend. So for me it completely invalidates those thoughts and I consider it just playfulness. It confused me for a while though hah!

I fully understand, really. I'm still not sure if nobody has ever flirted with me or if I have just always been blind to it.

I currently have a girlfriend, we talked about it and she told me she flirted with me on our first date. She commented on my ring and wanted to see it, used that as an excuse to touch my hand. She said that was flirting, I just thought she liked my ring xD

Whilst playing hide and seek, in pairs, on a school trip (I was roughly 13yrs) the boy I was hiding with started commenting on the ring I was wearing and was holding my hand up to look at the ring, I just thought it was very strange that he was so interested in my ring :confused:, then he kissed me. I had no idea he was interested.

Ladies at church make positive comments about each others hair, clothes and jewellry and in has nothing to do with flirting, so making positive comments about jewellry doesn't always mean flirting, confusing eh.

Speaking as a neurotypical (mostly) everyone has trouble with love and attraction. Look for compatible points of view...politics, spiritual matters, lifestyle, intelligence, and curiosity. Above all, one needs to be proud of one's partner. Even if you are furious with your friend/mate, you should be able to recognize that they are a good person. It's all about making the world a better place.

Hey,
Im 30, had aspies since I was 3. Im having a lot of trouble with figuring out if this girl likes me or if she is playing games with my heart strings and just flirting to b nice. I havent told her about my issues (I have many) but our interactions suggest she is really into me but when I finish them Im left so confused. Does anyone else have trouble with understanding flirting? Or when someone is into you and when they are just bring flirtatious with no intend on ever going out with you?
Yes[emoji4]

New Threads

Top Bottom