• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

confused about fast battery consumption on my tablet

Suzanne

V.I.P Member
I have a Samsung galaxy 4 tab, which I love, but really confused with the battery element.

I discovered my "battery saving is pretty counterproductive. This was comparing my tablet, to my husband's notebook and despite having games on there, his battery lasts a long time, then saw he did not have battery saving on and so, I turned mine off and yeah things are great for a while.

So, I had my battery at 100% and could not believe how fast it went down, when I was not eve using it. Then I realised I had left the battery saving on, so turned it off but again today, when I really needed it, whoa it had drained and yet, I was not using it.

So frustrating and puts a lot of distrust in me, because it is so valuable, but useless when it is needed.

Could it be related to the battery saving?

I have a Samsung galaxy 4 tab, which I love, but really confused with the battery element.

I discovered my "battery saving is pretty counterproductive. This was comparing my tablet, to my husband's notebook and despite having games on there, his battery lasts a long time, then saw he did not have battery saving on and so, I turned mine off and yeah things are great for a while.

So, I had my battery at 100% and could not believe how fast it went down, when I was not eve using it. Then I realised I had left the battery saving on, so turned it off but again today, when I really needed it, whoa it had drained and yet, I was not using it.

So frustrating and puts a lot of distrust in me, because it is so valuable, but useless when it is needed.

Could it be related to the battery saving?

No, it would be very unlikely, it would be caused by an app that you may have enabled to run in the background.

But what would help improve it is to close all background apps as it less apps would be running in the background. One of the most common problems believe it or not has to do with Facebook, it normally uses a lot of background data, so even when you are not using your tablet, you'd find that the battery drains pretty quick. Once you have finished using it, log out of it and you maybe surprised to see the difference in terms of battery life.

Also, you may need to try turning the brightness down on your tablet under your settings would also consuming less power as it uses less power.

Maybe that may help a little or improve?

You should also consider putting it to sleep or turning it off when not using it to prevent battery drain, and also docking it on the charger when not using it so that it is at 100% when you do want to use it.

Thank you both very much for your brilliant advice. Will certainly look into it.

Just to say that I have uninstalled Facebook, and a few others and so, will see what happens

If you have an android there is a really nice app that you could use called greenify it is free, and it hibernates apps you are not using at the time and that saves battery.

New Threads

Top Bottom