• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Concerned about my mortality.

Assign a reward if you workout like 3 out of 7 days a week for a month. Then next month increase or stay the same, and reward yourself. It could be something small, then maybe the next month, something nicer. Bribery- hey why not

Last edited:
I am 43 and very much overweight and under-active. I am addicted to laziness. I am addicted to food. I am recovering from an addiction to alcohol. I have severe sleep apnea. I have regular gout attacks. I have regular insomnia attacks. I am not getting nearly enough sleep and I am also not getting nearly enough physical activity. I am going to die relatively young if this keeps up.

I am terrified the more I think about this. I used to get a ton of physical activity before the pandemic started. Now I am fat and lazy and headed towards death.
You can change...you can do it.

A fat piggy like myself can go without food for a while.

I went to the 24 hour gym just now and I did an hour of cardio, then I sat in the sauna for 15 minutes.

Now, I have to commit to doing this every single day. My belly is not going to lose itself. I am 6’4” and almost 300 lbs. I need to lose 80 of those to be healthy.

The key to get going is a little bit of moderation and then ramping things up. Whether eating or exercising start with small changes and keep going.

Ageing sucks, though. This year I have been unable to kayak properly because of fatigue and weakness in my right arm. It looks like stenosis of an artery due to a thoracic outlet issue. I'm seeing a vascular surgeon next week. The maintenance continues.

Last edited:
It is almost 10pm where I live and I feel like going to the gym and doing an hour of intense cardio. I feel like a potted plant in my house.

What's that film where the weird plants grab people and cocoon them? Could be called Cocoon? ! :rolleyes:o_O Anyhow, I hope that's not what's happening to you. Although we do share 90% DNA with plants, I think @Atrapa Almas said. So maybe....

Freaky, ever since I started this thread, I see advertising on other website talking about fasting plans.

I am being spied on by corporations who want to suck the pennies out of my pocket.

This weekend has led to a lot of introspection, esppecially as I have more years behind than ahead. I am looking to shed those ancient hurts so I could have a happy life.

This weekend has led to a lot of introspection, esppecially as I have more years behind than ahead. I am looking to shed those ancient hurts so I could have a happy life.

The bad stuff was real and difficult, but you made it through, and I am often in awe of your life and achievements when you post. Yes, no need now to continue to look back in anger. You handled what was dealt to you. Well done!

New Threads

Top Bottom