• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

con advice?

desikitteh

going to a furry con in January and wondering if anyone has any tips or advice for an aspie braving her first
convention!

If you are going in a furry costume, choose one that is well ventilated, comfortable & easy to get into & out of. The last thing you need to be is confined, hot, itchy & sweaty!

Be careful who you befriend. At these kinds of conventions, most participants are, like you, there for some good fun around a common interest. Then...there are those sketchy sorts who are there to find someone vulnerable to exploit. Conventions (like cruises & carnivals) can give people a false sense of safety & an exaggerated sense of camaraderie with complete strangers. Keep your guard up while you have your fun.

I dunno about conventions in your area, but prepare for lots of hugs! I fit in more at conventions than anywhere else. You can completely be yourself and don't have to worry about social does or do nots, the more random the better actually! Everyone is like omg I love you! you are my new best friend! *glomp*

It is awesome =3 my favourite convention is atomic lolipop, for the insane huge fort building and hanging out in said fort =D and the rides, and all the many different fashions and showcases (I am into lolita and there is no other good convention to wear this too!)

And save up a lot of money, all conventions have vender areas, you can find all sorts of cool knickknacks you can't find anywhere else. I like furry type merchandise like hoodies with ears, winter goodies that have been furried (like paw prints on gloves)

Also bring travel sized hand sanitizer and moisturizer, and a water bottle.

Last edited:

New Threads

Top Bottom