• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

"Coming Out"

Do you take an antidepressant if so ask your GP if you could Upthe dose until you see the psychiatrist That may be a way of circumventing the psychiatrist completely

No, I was on an antidepressant until 2015, when my sleep doctor retired. I was unable to get the prescription renewed, and have not taken anything during the past four years.

I have had time to get used to this news, and figure it's probably for my own good. I just don't want insurance companies accessing my medical history without my knowledge. I know this is not supposed to happen, but how would.you know?

No, I was on an antidepressant until 2015, when my sleep doctor retired. I was unable to get the prescription renewed, and have not taken anything during the past four years.

I have had time to get used to this news, and figure it's probably for my own good. I just don't want insurance companies accessing my medical history without my knowledge. I know this is not supposed to happen, but how would.you know?
I’m not a US citizen but I’ve heard of the HIPAA laws .This is to help you !how quickly did you come off the antidepressant did you come off it gradually?, it will make a difference to how you respond to medicine from here on in.

I’m not a US citizen but I’ve heard of the HIPAA laws .This is to help you !how quickly did you come off the antidepressant did you come off it gradually?, it will make a difference to how you respond to medicine from here on in.[/QUOTE

No, I went off the antidepressants abruptly. This doctor gave me a prescription for a 60 day supply while I wait to meet with the psychiatrist

The important thing is that you are aware of whats out there and you are taking responsibilty for getting better instead of shuffling it under the keyboard. You may feel a lot better after a prescription, and your sleep will improve. Just make sure you are allowed to drive and that medication has no driving warnings. Sorry about your wife putting you in lockdown mode with such diagnosis. Maybe she feels those people aren't mature enough to comprend.

New Threads

Top Bottom