• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Comfy Clothes

I love wearing thermal underwear especially if it's thight on my body becuase I feel like I have more control about where my clothes are (if that makes sense) I wear it all the time during fall and winter.
Other than that I like wearing thick sweaters, sweat/pajama pants when I'm at home. When I go outside in public I put on some jeans

I can't stand anything form fitting, or anything anywhere close. I like my clothes to "hang" from me, so it's a baggy t-shirt, baggy jeans and a baggy hoodie, every day.

I never really considered why, but I can't stand anything around my wrists. Don't wear sleeveless any more, but I always roll up sleeves even if it's a jacket. Hate anything tight around my waist but never wear dresses. Hate synthetics but it's getting harder to find natural fibres these days. Jeans and shirts are what I wear nearly all the time.

My feet are pretty sensitive,it’s hard for me to buy pretty shoes without them hurting like hell,I like heels but I can’t wear them very often and some of them hurt like crazy,I only wear thongs most of the time and even some of them can irritate my toes but for clothes tags it depends,some are ok but there are others from certain shops that are itchy also most tops I have don’t come with tags anyway.

I thank God everyday that I don’t have to go to an office and I can wear whatever I want. The whole office outfit is torture to me, worst of all, of course, are high heels, but also the ‘tight’ whatever: skirts, jackets, shirts, etc.

I can’t wear high heels without having my whole body screaming in pain, so they are banned from my closet.

Tags, some are worse than others. I recently broke a good shirt trying to desperately take out its tag, because I couldn’t find scissors.

I have learned that I can't wear nylon stockings because they don't let my skin breathe at all and it just itches when I walk, I'm so glad that that trend has been long and buried.

I have to cut out all tags that are in any shirts that are against my skin, having sensitive skin on top of the itchiness just sucks. I like clothes that allow me to breathe and aren't constricting too much. Spandex or any polyester blend just make me want to tear it off of me so badly.

I used to never wear any jeans when I was younger but now I love jeans, they just can't be too tight all around my legs. I can wear the flared jeans but the stretch jeans are my favorite.

I have learned that I can't wear nylon stockings because they don't let my skin breathe at all and it just itches when I walk, I'm so glad that that trend has been long and buried.

If I never wear stockings again it will be too soon. They were never long enough, I struggled to put them on straight, and the constant here-I-am-your-body-below-the-waist constant feedback over every inch of my skin drove me mad with over-sensation.

I like baggy yoga pants and sweatshirts made of cotton, ideally.

I used to be very sensitive to clothes when I was younger. When I was a baby, my parents turned all my clothes inside out for me because the seams were too uncomfortable! But I gradually got used to clothes and tags. I still prefer comfortable clothes. And with bras, I wear bralettes and sports bras because they’re very comfy and I don’t have big boobs lol

Tags. On naked skin. Hate them. Who the hell ever thought that tags inside underwear are a good idea?!
Bras overall. Most materials, especially syntetic ones, they 'make my teeth curl'. I'm rather accepting towards jeans but loose ones with loose shirts are the nicest. Sports clothes all in all, i think. Though not always. For example I have a brilliant navy coat that I would wear all the time but it has this metal parts that makes an annoying noise that drives me crazy. Also vibrant colors like red make me feel like a sore thumb in the crowd. I prefer dark or light blue-grey-white-black connections, some pastel ones are fine too. Also depends on the day. Some days I feel like wearing a shirt but others I simply despise the idea and need a very loose t-shirt.
I hate loud slippers and tight socks too. Also some chemicals for washing make clothes so scratchy, so itchy!
Well, yeah, I suppose that I do have some clothes issues.

I dress for comfort, not style. I hate anything tight around my neck or high up on my waste and prefer loose clothing. If an item of clothing has labels, I cut them out. Bras are a necessary evil (not wearing one isn't comfortable, either), and I hate skirts and dresses and high heels.

I can't understand how people can wear these jeans with huge holes cut in the knees that seem so popular these days.

I wear sweatpants from H&M and Acorn Spa Slide slippers that I got from Zappos. I wear double socks with my slippers. I wear those to college everyday. I think some people laugh, because I wear it everyday, but it’s comfortable. I already deal with enough uncomfort in my life to not be comfortable with my clothes.

I hate wearing clothes. Everything either never fits right, feels weird or irritating. I'm always pulling, adjusting, scratching etc. Shoes, the same, but not as bad. If it's the wrong pair I'm in pain until I take them off or sometimes even after I take them off. Let's all go into business together to start a sensory friendly clothing line. :)

I just can't get enough of fleece! I like my sleeves to be a little long so I can pull them and i love wearing a hood. I can't wear anything tight and my pet hates are belts and socks ugh :(

One of my worst struggles with autism has to be dressing myself. I can rarely tolerate long sleeves, I wouldn’t wear jeans for most of my life until I discovered stretch denim, and I hate fitted shirts. Anything with tags is torture, and I’m pretty sure I only own one bra I can wear for more than a few hours.

Do you guys have a favorite outfit, or an odd sensory requirement for clothes?
I also cut all labels out of my clothes. Nowadays some brands just print their labels which I like

The only "odd" thing I like? T-shirts with a light seam along the side. American Apparel and Bella are the best examples. The seam makes me aware of body without being annoying. As someone that can "miss" while walking through a door and hit the door frame... every bit of help is appreciated.

Otherwise, I need to wear loose, soft clothing. Anything that applies pressure, be it collars, wrist cuffs, socks, or even wallet in the back pocket, will hurt. Also, can't stand most sweatshirts. They just feel wrong.

My comfort 'uniform' (at home) is a baggy t-shirt & pajama bottoms. Transitioning from several years of wfh into working in an office has been rough. I spend way too much time in the mornings trying to figure out what to wear,.. trying to find a balance between comfort and 'business casual'. I've finally landed on purchasing the same style of jeans in different colors to wear with pullover sweaters. I'm telling myself that the jeans don't 'look' like jeans because they're in different colors.

I have the same cotton cargo pants in 4 colors, the same cotton shirts (8) in a variety of colors that all coordinate with a peacock tail. Some are crew neck, some v-neck for more variety, but all the same brand. I have the same comfy sandals in 4 colors. I prefer no socks, but if I wear them that's when I let my weird out: cotton socks in cool designs/colors. Never polyester... the thought of that against my skin disgusts me. Unfortunately I must wear a bra, but cotton.

Anything tight is a no. Turtle necks, elastic waist bands, elastic sleeves and hems, stockings that dig in around the waist (some stay ups are ok if they are not too sticky)...
Items can be fitted but not restrictive.

Fabric is very important. I buy based on feel. If it's soft I'll consider it. Polyester and rayon are evil.

Tags are cut off everything including pillows. I also don't like the noise tags make... noisy fabric either.

Some velvets and washed silk have a disturbing feel too ...

Jeans with stretch are my favourite with a super soft cotton tshirt.

Wirefree bras are bearable but go without where possible. Lucky I'm small anyway.

Everything has to have the texture of a tee shirt. Tee shirt with loose long sleeved under shirt. Thin straight legged sweatpants without ankle cuffs. Loose socks. Shoes slightly too wide for toes.

I can't stand tight clothing or stiff fabrics.

New Threads

Top Bottom