• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

comfort movies/shows?

South Park for some reason.. idk why though.
If you enjoy it and it's comforting, I say "fill up your boots!" :)

I don't know why I would find Sci Fi horror movies like Alien relaxing, apart from maybe the pacing and that apart from a few explosions here and there, they are quite quiet.

But that's just my theory lol! :smilecat:

If you enjoy it and it's comforting, I say "fill up your boots!" :)

I don't know why I would find Sci Fi horror movies like Alien relaxing, apart from maybe the pacing and that apart from a few explosions here and there, they are quite quiet.

But that's just my theory lol! :smilecat:
Honestly, some of the humor in the earlier seasons and the commentary on real world events in later seasons is what made me stay. Currently waiting on season 26.

Batman the animated series from the 90s
Dragonball Z namek saga 90s
Star Wars movies or animated before Disney.
Band of Brothers
Hogan Heroes

Honestly, some of the humor in the earlier seasons and the commentary on real world events in later seasons is what made me stay. Currently waiting on season 26.
The way south park is made is quite interesting. Sometimes they have been known to make entire episodes hours before they are due to air!

I watch south park sometimes. The one that made me laugh the most though (many many years ago) was the one with the Loch Ness monster!

"What do you want from us Loch Ness monster?!"

"And he said 'Well....three fifty..."

Yes! Good call. Pure comfort and awesomeness.
Wow synchronicity! I just saw a video in my YouTube feed that I was pondering whether to watch "The best batman the animated series episodes that did not feature the joker." I think it was!

Mark Hamill is awesome as the voice of the joker! :)

Love that series actually! I have quite a few WB/DC animated Batman movies on dvd too! Batman Ninja is pretty cool if you've not seen it :)

None.

No, really. I also don't have childhood nostalgia for media. If movies were good when I was a child, then they are still good now, but I don't find them "comforting" to rewatch.

I like novelty, and though there were a few movies I rewatched often as a child simply due to a limited selection (Stardust, the Three Amigos and Ratatouille mainly), I got bored of them and don't feel any inclination to watch them again (though Ratatouille's soundtrack deservedly gets stuck in my head semi-regularly). There are a few books I have reread, but that's mostly due to forgetting the plot rather than them being a "comfort read".

What really brings me comfort is being gripped in a story I don't know the conclusion of, or perhaps analysing a well constructed one to figure out different perspectives. I'm much more interested in reading and playing/experiencing games than watching movies/TV series, and pretty much always have been. As a kid, I never connected strongly to any show or movie characters, and I honestly can't say I have ever been a show or movie fan, even though I absolutely am for some authors and games.

Harold Lloyd & Mildred Davis' short films specifically the ones with Robert Israel's scores. But I don't watch many movies any more.

New Threads

Top Bottom