• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Coffee.

I drink a cup a day. I know some people that drink several. If I do that I'm too wired for they rest of the day.

It's a nice dessert drink to me. Not much else.

Can't imagine taking in caffeine on a regular basis. I get hooked too easily and then have to face ugly withdrawal. Coke, chocolate, coffee....stimulants get to me rather easily these days.

I love it. I am seriously addicted, legitimately. I tell myself daily I'm going to quit then the next morning I think of some excuse as to why I need it or deserve it. I gained weight from it, but didn't lose it once I stopped (well I did one time but not recently) then when I picked up again I've lost like 3 lbs! I break out from it too. I look like a teenage boy in the face right now but I still insist on drinking it. Although it may be these "diet" shakes I've been having. Who knows! Anywho, I love coffee.

I've agonized over a year as to whether or not to invest in a K-Cup drip coffee device. Seems reminding me of my caffeine concerns usually (but temporarily) puts an end to it. Maybe when the prices drop eventually...lol. The convenience factor seduces me! Caffeine withstanding...

Last edited:
I'm having some right now - just woke up. Usually drink Tasters Choice instant (great taste). I'm like you Judge, thought about getting a K cup thing from Qvc. Anyway, I read the reviews for the K cup on Qvc and Amazon and they weren't too good. A lot of people were saying the machines didn't last long and the cups are expensive. I ended up getting a Kitchen Aid single brewer that brews 1 cup at a time.and I got it on clearance for $45 (reg $80) in bright red. I have an electric brewer, but you have to make at least 4 cups. Using Foldgers with it. It's ok, not bad. Coffee brewing smells good. It still doesn't taste as strong as my Tasters Choice. So I'm doing both. :)

I'm having some right now - just woke up. Usually drink Tasters Choice instant (great taste). I'm like you Judge, thought about getting a K cup thing from Qvc.

I think I've watched that QVC presentation twice now in the last year. They sure do make Keurig look good!

Although I love coffee and probably have a few cups a day, it behaves a liitle weird in my system. It doesn't seem to act like a stimulant. More often than not, when im at home, after a cup im asleep on the couch. Im at a loss to explain this. Its almost like its behaving opposite to a stimulant. Man, im back-to-front all over.

Although I love coffee and probably have a few cups a day, it behaves a liitle weird in my system. It doesn't seem to act like a stimulant. More often than not, when im at home, after a cup im asleep on the couch. Im at a loss to explain this. Its almost like its behaving opposite to a stimulant. Man, im back-to-front all over.
I've heard that with certain neurological profiles, that can happen, which is why most ADD medications tend to actually be stimulants. At one point, my ADHD brother was told that getting a good amount of caffeine in his system every day would do almost as much good as, say, Ritalin.

My family actually owns one of those Keurig machines. I find it quite convenient, but yes, the K-cups are INCREDIBLY expensive...about US$0.50 per cup, if my math is right. I mostly use it to get hot water for my French press (I drink about two pots of those each morning and I have mastered our particular grinding machine to get the beans just right) or hot cocoa or tea.

I am the same way, for the most part. I enjoy my coffee first thing in the morning, and again in the afternoon, but it never seems to actually wake me up. Sometimes its just the opposite and I feel quite relaxed after a cup. My sister is the same way.

I do this too, sometimes I have a nice warm cup of coffee before bed to put me to sleep.

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO COFFFEE I LOVE TO DRINK COFFEE I LIKE GOING TO STARBUCKS FOR A BIG ICE COFFEE WITH MILK ANG SUGAR INFACT I HADE A STARBUCKS ICE COFFEE TODAY IT WAS YUMMMMMMMMMY IN THE TUMMYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY

New Threads

Top Bottom