• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Clumsiness

Definitely. I am clumsy a lot of the time. I drop things and knock things over all the time. Yes, I think it is something to do with my autism/aspergers.

I also have a lot of clumsiness issues. Spastic movements, bumping into things, hitting my head, stubbing my toe and a whole lot of other things. I get a lot of bruises, and I don't even know how some get there. My question is this: has anyone been able to use any techniques to become less clumsy?

At school in PE, my teacher described me as having no natural talent, I had poor handwriting, couldn't do breast stroke in swimming or dance. I was late to learn to ride a bike. But I could play tennis, catch a ball and do sewing or knitting. I can also now ride a bike and drive a car. I tried to learn to play the guitar, but couldn't coordinate my hands well, and I can't type well, either. I've also been told that I walk in clumsy way. I also tend to drop things quite a lot or knock things of shelves. But I know that all people have clumsy moments, so I'm really not sure that my clumsiness is worse than it is for the average person. I know someone who has dyspraxia, and she cannot play tennis, drive a car or ride a bike. So really, my symptoms are relatively mild.

I did a video blog recently on "Clumsiness". If you don't like energetic dance music, that's the music I used in this video and how clumsy of me.

I can relate to most of what's been posted here, feel less alone!
And I just figure I'm proving the law of gravity every time I drop something...

I also break stuff too. I broke my stim toy last year (the unicorn broke off), a couple of months after I bought it. I got overstimulated and broke it by accident. I don't have a lot of upper body strength, however I can manage enough strength to break something though lol. :):)

Attachments

• stim toy.jpg
    stim toy.jpg
    196.1 KB · Views: 0

New Threads

Top Bottom