• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Closed shelter of cockroach motel?

which would you take?

• closed shelter

Votes: 1 33.3%
  • cockroach motel

Votes: 2 66.7%

• Total voters

alien girl

if you had a choice between an apartment where cockroaches roam the ceiling and walls in dozens, and you only get bread and butter and soup because of lack of money, but it's your own apartment and you can get out anytime you want.

Or a closed shelter where people hide, run by social workers who agree to take you in because of your low income situation (you're not in danger and there's no one waiting for you outside), you have your own room with your own key, you can walk around in the building any time you want, but you cant go out because you might unwillingly lead the bad guys to the shelter, and the building is really small so you cant walk around that much. you get food out of the refrigerator in the kitchen when you want and visit others in their rooms. The place is safe.

the situation is for ten days either way. in ten days you'll get paid and can leave either the shelter or the apartment.

but for ten days, which would you take?

After personal experiences dealing with both, I'll take the roaches. I hate social workers. I always get the bad ones. And quite preferably, I'd pitch a tent in somebody's woods who'd let me stay there and take my chances with the pit vipers and coyotes.

You mean: closed shleter -or- cockroach motel?

I've had experience with neither. (Although a flying cockroach smacked me in the head on a bicycle ride once. Gross, and it kinda hurt.) but I do have an extremely vivid imagination. So my answer is neither; I'd take my stuff and get myself out to the country, like Ashe said.
Sounds like a nightmare situation &/or a very dark novel. Why do you ask?

You mean: closed shleter -or- cockroach motel?

I've had experience with neither. (Although a flying cockroach smacked me in the head on a bicycle ride once. Gross, and it kinda hurt.) but I do have an extremely vivid imagination. So my answer is neither; I'd take my stuff and get myself out to the country, like Ashe said.
Sounds like a nightmare situation &/or a very dark novel. Why do you ask?

Out of curiosity due to my very vivid imagination and my dark nightmarish nature. lol.

I've had experience with neither. (Although a flying cockroach smacked me in the head on a bicycle ride once. Gross, and it kinda hurt.)

Was it a cockroach or a Junebug?
Or a big ol'Palmetto bug?:eek::p

Was it a cockroach or a Junebug?
Or a big ol'Palmetto bug?:eek::p
o_O It wasn't a Junebug, but not sure whether it was a freakishly large cockroach, or a Palmetto. It was approximately 2&3/4 inches long, about 3/4 of or maybe 1 inch wide. :eek:
edited to add that it happened in Phoenix. :tongueclosed::tongueclosed::cactus:

Last edited:
I once gave my boss a huge flyign cockroach in a jar for Christmas. I thought it was terrific. I brought it back from a vacation in Phoenix, AZ. I don't think she liked it much. I guess I'd go with cockroach motel simply becuase I have chosen that option many times before.

if you had a choice between an apartment where cockroaches roam the ceiling and walls in dozens, and you only get bread and butter and soup because of lack of money, but it's your own apartment and you can get out anytime you want.

Or a closed shelter where people hide, run by social workers who agree to take you in because of your low income situation (you're not in danger and there's no one waiting for you outside), you have your own room with your own key, you can walk around in the building any time you want, but you cant go out because you might unwillingly lead the bad guys to the shelter, and the building is really small so you cant walk around that much. you get food out of the refrigerator in the kitchen when you want and visit others in their rooms. The place is safe.

the situation is for ten days either way. in ten days you'll get paid and can leave either the shelter or the apartment.

but for ten days, which would you take?
Golly, after my experience with social workers and the entire public support system, I'd much rather simply have food stamps and pitch a tent in a campground. I've found most social workers to be well meaning and kind, but rather incompetent and buffoonish. They act like they know you better than you know yourself and will not accept any of your insight or they're just hopelessly overworked and underfunded.

Shelter definately. Cockroaches make poor conversationalists and steel your food.

What kind of soup do you get in the apartment, and who are the other people in the shelter? What is in the refrigerator in the shelter?
Does either place have bed bugs? Air conditioning? What kind of place is "outside"?

I chose the cockroach motel but, in reality I would choose neither. I have friends I could call and have a tour bus for 10 days, free of charge, so I would do that. But if those were my only options, I would take the motel. I value my freedom above all else and, will take homeless over a closed shelter. I don't care how dangerous or bad it might be, I am free to come and go as I please. I will not be caged by anyone or anything.

New Threads

Top Bottom