• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Classical

Hi, does anyone else here like music theory and classical music? My favorite composers are Dvorak, Bartok, Rachmanninov, and Karl Stamitz.

I think you may be too young for the TV series, Omnibus. There were fantastic episodes where Bernstein dissected everything from Jazz to modern atonality. Then, I enjoyed reading Aaron Copland's, What to Listen for In Music. When the Geoffrey Ballet moved to Chicago I was fortunate to see them performing the Vaslav Nijinsky choreography of Le Sacre du Printemps. Opening that evening was Parade with Picasso's Cubist sets and costumes. It was an incredible evening of music and ballet. I was also fortunate to attend the CSO when they performed A Soldier's tale narrated by John Mahoney (Frasier's father in the series). At Symphony Hall there is a row of seats on stage behind the orchestra and my spouse and I had seats there for that performance. It was magical!.

I also like musical theater. Not the throw away fluff by Andrew Lloyd Webber, but the complexity of Stephen Sondheim. I have seen Frogs performed in a swimming pool as it was meant to be staged, and will be seeing a revival of Merrily We Roll Along this October with Daniel Radcliff in the lead. A stunning performance I saw at the Kennedy Center was the National Theater of Tokyo performing Pacific Overtures. It was epic hearing it in Japanese when I knew the music and lyrics, even without the english translation.

I spent a great deal of time with the great courses covering all the significant classical composers over the last couple of years. Had a bit of musical training when I was a kid, no musician. Like music appreciate good stuff. I am Realizing my family is very musical. Female cousin sings in classical style. Mendelssohn choir for 40 years needs to audition yearly.

I have a degree in Piano Performance, used to be a music theory tutor for college students, and am now a piano teacher primarily for those with special needs.

I love classical music and am an intermediate piano player. My favorite composers are Beethoven, Chopin, Tchaikovsky, Ravel, Debussy, Prokofiev, Stravinsky, and Philip Glass. I like many, many others, though. It’s really hard to pick favorites.

I used to listen to classical music as background noise while working. It's usually mellow enough that I can focus on it and enjoy it or tune it out if I really need to concentrate. Two of my favorites were Bolero by Ravel and 1812 Overture by Tchaikovsky.

I also love Rhapsody in Blue, but that might actually be too new to be considered classical.

I fell out of the habit of listening to classical music about 20 years ago and never questioned why until I read your post.

I used to listen to classical music as background noise while working.
Me too but I would unfortunately detest it. I came across some research study which talked about Classical, but years later I looked it up and it's actually music you enjoy in the bg can help you focus more, no wonder classical didnt help me because it was like scratching a wound. :joycat:

Classical might be one of the few types which I can't stand.

I like Beethoven. Even though not classical I really like Bernard Herrmann, Danny Elfman .

I like music theory but I don’t know all the technical terms for all of it, and I don’t follow many rules musically I understand them I just don’t want too many restrictions to cage my creativity . I compose naturally by feel and ear completely by instinct.if it moves me in a certain way emotionally I am happy.

I love classical music and am an intermediate piano player. My favorite composers are Beethoven, Chopin, Tchaikovsky, Ravel, Debussy, Prokofiev, Stravinsky, and Philip Glass. I like many, many others, though. It’s really hard to pick favorites.
Tchaikovsky and beethoven are amazing.
Beethoven is excellent on the piano and tchsikosky was a genius composer and a visionary

New Threads

Top Bottom