• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Choose Your Own Adventure Game (Text RPG)

Yeshuasdaughter

You know, that one lady we met that one time.
V.I.P Member
Do you remember reading the Choose Your Own Adventure books as a child?

This game is similar, except we all create a Choose your own adventure story.

The first person writes a paragraph, and at the end, they give the next writer two options to pick.

The next person will read the previous person's post, and then choose between the two options. Then they would write their own paragraph, to continue the story.

At the end of the paragraph, they give the next writer two options to choose from, and so on....

I will start.

Last edited:
You fall asleep in your bed and sleep soundly for the first time in weeks. In the morning, a bright light shines right in your face. You stretch and squint, thinking "I could have sworn that I closed the curtains before bed last night." As you prop yourself up, your hands push down into something cold, wet, and squishy. Your eyes adjust to the light, and you realize you are not in your bed. You are sitting up in a grassy field, wet with the morning's dew. To your left, the sun is shining hot and bright through a glade of tall oak trees. To your right, you see endless yellow wheat fields, that culminate at the bottom of a small hill, upon which sits a lone house.

Do you get up and explore the glade of trees? Or do you go right and head through the field, toward the house on the hill?

(Next person chooses an option, and then writes a paragraph. Then they offer two choices to the next writer. And so on)

> You head through the field, toward the house on the hill

You are feeling very disoriented, and think you must be dreaming. You try to lay still for a few moments, but it doesn't feel right, rather it feels too right. You can smell the soil beneath you, feel the cold pressure on your backside and you you clearly hear the buzzing of dragonflies ahead. You sit back up and panic. Your wedding anniversary is in three days, and you can't miss it. You need to get back home pronto. You don't remember drinking last night, but something must have knocked you out good as you are a light sleeper. You don't recognize the field, but surely no-one could have moved you that far out.

You need to find some people to explain your situation. As you stand up, you hear clinging right by your ear. When you look around to see where it's coming from, the jingling only gets louder. You solve the mystery when you try touching your head. You are wearing a jester's hat with a jingle bell tied to the end of each point.
iu

Looking at the spot where you were just sitting, you also notice an old fashioned lyre in the grass. You almost missed it! "Ha ha. Very funny girls" you think to yourself. It must be some prank from your friends. Still, it wouldn't do to leave the lyre on the ground. Besides, you played bass in a punk band for several years. How hard could it be to get a nice tune out of a lyre?
iu

Your best chance of getting to civilization would be to catch a ride home. You don't have your phone on you, in fact your entire outfit seems to have been replaced by a colorful cloth garment, but surely, someone will let you make a call in that weird white building in the distance. You are used to cross-country running so the distance doesn't intimidate you. The main worry is access to water, as you don't see any streams, and the heat is making you feel parched.

You set out across the yellow field. You didn't realize when you set out just how difficult crossing a neck high field would become. You push through but it's slow going, and the stalks cut into your hands when you push them aside. Maybe you should have gone to the forest first to get some water and rest in the shade before heading out. No matter! It's too late to turn around now.

You don't have your watch, but you can tell the time passing by watching the sun sidling across the sky while you fight through the stalks. There's enough to eat if you can bare chewing dry seeds of wheat, but it's not doing anything for your thirst, and night is fast approaching. You curse your misfortune as no clouds have been visible anywhere in the sky for the whole day to offer shade or the faintest hope of rainfall. There have been rats or mice chewing up some of the stalks but they seem content in ignoring you.

As the sun is setting, you see that you have a serious problem. Somehow, the hill isn't getting any closer, even though you have been walking through the fields the whole day. In fact, you could swear that it's even further away than when you set out. The forest has completely disappeared behind the wheat fields, as have the grassy plains you woke up in. Soon, the sun will have disappeared and then you won't be able to see the house, so you'll need to make a decision now for what to do. Your tongue feels close to falling off from thirst, your legs are aching and the lyre is getting heavy in your arms. You wonder why you are even carrying it around still. This prank ceased to be funny a long time ago.

What will you do next?

>You make yourself as comfortable as you can in the wheat and try to sleep. You really need the rest.

>You try to catch some rodents. Maybe their blood will quench your thirst.

>You practice on the lyre. You need to wind down and might as well use it for something.

The first option, the purple option.

As you try to sleep, the objects suddenly get magically thrown up into the air and come right down on top of you, knocking you on your head. A strange magician stands near you (who's wearing jester pants) in a dominating position, looking like he wants to battle/threaten you.

How will you react?
1. Calmly say in a polite manner, "Oh, Hello gentleman magician!"
2. Grab the lyre and BASH him on the head, knocking him out cold like that one scene in Tangled
3. Scream at him and give him a wedgie, calling him a fake jester!
4. Try to talk it out/Spare him like you're in the Pacifist Route of Undertale.
5. Be quiet, don't say anything, and continue on like normal (most likely resulting in you getting hurt by him if he's mean).

4. 4. Try to talk it out/Spare him like you're in the Pacifist Route of Undertale.

"Um, h-hi there, Mister Wizard." You choke out nervously.

"Oh-ho-ho!" the old man's voice booms with mirth. "Wizard, you say?" He continues to laugh.

"W-well, you are wearing a long cloak and a pointy hat. And you threw my lyre at my head while I was trying to sleep." You respond.

"I am not the one wearing a jingly jester hat." the old man continues, "If you must know, that is my lyre, and you stole it from me. I'm taking it back."

You nervously hand the lyre to the old man.

Initially he smiles, but then his face turns ashen, "Know this, young one.." Illuminated by the full moonlight, shadowy figures stand up from the grass. "You should know better than to trust Ragnar the Rich.

The men creep ever closer. Ragnar holds the lyre up menacingly. The next thing you feel is a sharp thud on the back of your head. Then darkness.

You awaken to the smell of hearth smoke and beer. You wince at the pain in your head. You try to reach up to rub it, but suddenly are aware of the ropes around your hands and feet. Your hands are tied to a tall, thin beam that supports the roof joists. Your feet are tied together as well.

It seems you are in a log cabin. Sunlight streams through the window. In the next room, Ragnar is sitting at a table with four men. They are drinking and playing cards, laughing and ignoring you.

"Is this the house I saw on top of the hill?" You wonder.

What will you do?

A: Pretend to be asleep, hoping they will not hurt you.

B: Rub the rope against the beam, in the hopes that the friction will break your bonds.

C: Attempt to stand up. Yell at them to untie you. When they come near, try and fight while tied up.

D: Look around and see what lays nearby that can be useful.

B: Rub the rope against the beam, in the hopes that the friction will break your bonds

Even though the window is small, the bright sun lights the room enough that you can get a good look at it. This seems to be some sort of storage room, containing a few barrels of different sizes, and some broken wooden instruments. No matter, you don't have time to look around. You need to get out of there ASAP. Ragnar has his back turned towards you and the other men at the table are completely absorbed in the card game they are playing. This is your chance.

As you position yourself to start rubbing the rope between your hands against the beam, a powerful wave of nausea washes over you, and you just barely manage to keep the wheat you ate while out in the fields inside. You must have been hit pretty hard.

It turns out that using friction to break a sturdy hemp rope is more physical work than appeared at first. It doesn't help that you need to lean back and move your whole body to have any hope of damaging the bonds. Your wrists were already sore from being bound, but by pushing the rope against the pole, the hemp digs into the inflamed flesh.

At first, you feel like this is a waste of time and effort. Though the room is cool, you can feel the back of your neck beginning to itch from the sun, and some ominously colorful bugs seem drawn to your sweat. When you are about to give up, you feel stronger friction at a specific location. Upon further inspection of the pole, you notice a small splinter where a nail was hammered in. By rubbing the rope against the spot, you are starting to achieve some progress at last. One by one, the hemp strands split, but it's still a physically demanding process. You try to be as silent as possible, but your breathing is getting irregular. Almost there...
iu

You were so absorbed in your work, that you almost get a heart attack when you hear Ragnar's voice boom out:

"It's been fun sharing the wealth mates, but I expect every one of you to be awake and dressed in your best fineries tomorrow at the jester's execution! That includes you archbishop!"

He directs his last comment at a cell opposite you. You had assumed it was empty, but you glimpse a shadow shifting behind some more barrels. Ragnar then turns around, and...

--SNAP--​

...CRASH​

The last strands of the hemp rope tear open, and you fall backwards onto a barrel which splits open and releases what seems to be a stack of iPhones. You stare at the now broken screens, having trouble comprehending the situation. The last day had felt like a trip, so finally seeing something familiar brought you a wave of relief. Maybe you would make it to the anniversary after all. Only two days...

"GET UP! GET UP! ARE YOU DRUNK!"

You look behind you to see Ragnar practically pushing the men to their feet. They seem out of it after the heavy drinking, but they manage to stumble to their feet and approach you. Ragnar smiles menacingly at you, his grin giving you a good look at the various metal and jewel implants in his gum.

"I see you are awake now. I suggest you sit down with us for some cake and a nice chat. I fear we started out on the wrong foot with you stealing my lyre and all that. It got me a bit... emotional."

He arches an eyebrow, and gives you a faux friendly shrug. You see that his left hand is grabbing a gold hilt sitting by his hip. You pick up a phone and stand up, but realize too late that your legs are still bound together as you lose balance and need to lean against the pole. This is your chance, but you only have a few seconds before the men reach you.

What will you do next?

A: The window may be small, but you have a skinny build. Jump through it and hope for the best.

B: Search the room for some sort of weapon to cut the rope between your legs and fight back. The men seem drunk and ill-prepared, so this is your best shot.

C: Surely this was just a misunderstanding. Maybe you can trust Ragnar the Rich. At least hear him out. Your stomach already seems to have picked this option going by its growling.

A: The window may be small, but you have a skinny build. Jump through it and hope for the best.

Leaning backward off of the post, you lose your balance and fall backward out the window.

"This is my chance!", you exclaim. Getting back to your feet you start to fumble with the ropes around your ankles.

The crash of a slamming door startles you, and as the group of thugs charge around the corner, you once again lose your balance and go tumbling down the hill.

Within seconds you are at the bottom. You look up, and through the spinning dizziness, you see Ragnar and his henchmen making angry gestures toward you and yelling in your direction.

There's no time! Still sitting, you quickly pick at and untie the bonds around your ankles. Scampering to your feet, you take off running through the field of grain.

Suddenly you can not go further. A swift stream blocks your path. It is too wide to jump across, and the current is too fast for you to swim across.

The voices get closer and closer. A small rock hits you in the shoulderblade. Another is hurled just inches over your head.

Realizing it's either one fate or the other, you plunge into the stream. It is much deeper than you imagined. You cannot feel the bottom. The current quickly takes you downstream, around swift bends in the creek. You struggle to stay afloat. A few times you fall under and then struggle to the surface, coughing for air.

And then... nothing... weightlessness. You realize you are falling down a waterfall.

CRASH!!!

You plummet into an icy pool, surrounded by deep evergreen woods. The water is calm and deep. In shock, you float on your back, on the surface for a few moments. You crawl out onto the pebbly beach, and collapse onto your stomach. You lay there motionless, catching your breath, and looking into the blackness of the deep forest canopy.

You realize the need to get out of sight. Worse yet, you are lost.

What do you do?

A: You let your fatigue overtake you, and you fall asleep right there on the beach.

B: Head into the forest.

C: Attempt to scale the cliff.

New Threads

Top Bottom