• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

chives my spuds

kchapman1988

OK, can we as humans stop with the sweeping generalizations?

seriously! not all men are arsehole-dudebro-treats women like objects, not all women are feminist-shoecrazy-crazy-girly girl-bossy-fridgid. 'men' and 'women' are bloody diverse groups! and where to LGBT community fit in? is a 'reborn' female going to be a typical female? is a 'reborn' male going to have the same attitude as the supposed male?

define the group you're mad at as finely as you can please, we are not all the damn same and interchangeable!

...who are you addressing?
mainly venting at people doing as above seeing all guys or all girls getting tar'd together has been irritating me. saw a couple of tweets from a 'mara wilson' "I think the world would be a better place if every dude realized he is nowhere near as funny as he thinks he is"

I agree. Generalizations rive me mad, and I love pointing out other people's generalizations, or negating them. I had a friend who felt the same way, and everytime someone made a generalization, he would say "except for the ones that aren't", e.g.

- Person: Men are so ..... (insert adjective of choice)
- My friend: Except for the ones that aren't.

seriously would you count all men as neurotypical and non? how about trans-men? not even twins are the same!

New Threads

Top Bottom