• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Can’t Talk To My Parents

KevinMao133

They don’t understand we are different

They say they are accepting, they aren’t

I don’t understand them. I don’t want to

Sorry you have this experience.
Do you actually HAVE to talk to them, do you live with them and or rely on them financially?

If not then maybe conciser not talking to them. I broke off connection with my parents about 15 years ago. It was one of my best decisions.

Umm, that was written assuming you are an adult. If you are still a minor sadly you do have to learn to live with them.
If you do live with them, my best advice is to avoid them when you are feeling tired or worn down or otherwise less able to communicate or deal with them. That's probably when they will annoy you the most, and misunderstand you the most and you are most likely to say something that makes them upset.
I would suggest going out or staying in your room when you need to recharge.
Good luck!

Umm, that was written assuming you are an adult. If you are still a minor sadly you do have to learn to live with them.
If you do live with them, my best advice is to avoid them when you are feeling tired or worn down or otherwise less able to communicate or deal with them. That's probably when they will annoy you the most, and misunderstand you the most and you are most likely to say something that makes them upset.
I would suggest going out or staying in your room when you need to recharge.
Good luck!

I don’t live with them. I’m a man

Only problem is I don’t have the ability to make money like others

The issue is the expectation. I feel I have to do something even though I don’t want to

I will talk to them tomorrow, see where it goes

I can't tell tone well in person, much mess online. If I phrased that badly, I didn't mean to.

Well, I hope it goes well tomorrow. Or at least as well as it ever goes with parents.

If it's worth anything I still still suggest trying to plan the visit around times that you are feeling your best. It's something someone passed on to me recently and it's helped me a good bit with stuff I don't like dealing with.

I can't tell tone well in person, much mess online. If I phrased that badly, I didn't mean to.

Well, I hope it goes well tomorrow. Or at least as well as it ever goes with parents.

If it's worth anything I still still suggest trying to plan the visit around times that you are feeling your best. It's something someone passed on to me recently and it's helped me a good bit with stuff I don't like dealing with.

I doubt it will go well, although I must try right?

I see it as an opportunity, to practice communication. If I overcome this, it will be significant to my growth

I see it as an opportunity, to practice communication. If I overcome this, it will be significant to my growth
Wow that's a cool and healthy way of looking at it.
Even though I know it's unhealthy, when I see it in others, I tend to look at stuff much more negatively, and self punishing.

Wow that's a cool and healthy way of looking at it.
Even though I know it's unhealthy, when I see it in others, I tend to look at stuff much more negatively, and self punishing.

I adjusted my mindset. They won’t change anything about me

I mean I might as well use an equal attitude. It might go smoothly, who knows

New Threads

Top Bottom