• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Can't bear it when people do like 50 sneezes

Misty Avich

I prefer to be referred to as ADHD
V.I.P Member
I know people can't help it and all that but it must be a misophonia thing with me. My mother, grandmother, aunt, and husband, all get the "sneezing fit" that goes on forever. It's like having the hiccups but sneezing instead; doing a sneeze every 5-6 seconds, and sometimes can do like 50 sneezes. I have to leave the room once they start, because I just can't bear it.

Yes I sneeze a lot but whenever I get a bad sneezing fit the most I do is about 3, but more often I'll just do one or two. Or if I get one of my attacks of rhinitis I do one sneeze sporadically, not frequent like hiccups.

I just don't get how some people manage to sneeze every few seconds for like 20-30 minutes. It makes me want to literally scream and melt down, as in dropping to the floor and sobbing loudly. But obviously I don't do that. I just have to control myself and leave the room or just put up with it. It's hard though.

I know people can't help it and all that but it must be a misophonia thing with me. My mother, grandmother, aunt, and husband, all get the "sneezing fit" that goes on forever. It's like having the hiccups but sneezing instead; doing a sneeze every 5-6 seconds, and sometimes can do like 50 sneezes. I have to leave the room once they start, because I just can't bear it.

Yes I sneeze a lot but whenever I get a bad sneezing fit the most I do is about 3, but more often I'll just do one or two. Or if I get one of my attacks of rhinitis I do one sneeze sporadically, not frequent like hiccups.

I just don't get how some people manage to sneeze every few seconds for like 20-30 minutes. It makes me want to literally scream and melt down, as in dropping to the floor and sobbing loudly. But obviously I don't do that. I just have to control myself and leave the room or just put up with it. It's hard though.

Yeah, if I have a sneezing fit I try to get to a bathroom as quickly as possible; both because I feel awkward about having one in front of other people and because it lets me wash my hands easily afterwards.
Mine usually get set off by my dust allergy and cause me to have moments of dizziness from sneezing over and over in rapid succession.

Oh... I'm one of those people that can get such a sneeze attack, I have never found out why, it just starts, and seem to go on forever- luckily it is only a few times every year, I get very red eyes at the same time so I assume it is some allergic reaction. I can assure you it is not comfortable to be the one going through it either :) and I do understand why you leave the room, a luxury I don't have when it is my own sneezing :)

Living with unending allergies can be a difficult existence at times. If one sneezes that many times, it is they with a much greater problem than anyone hearing or seeing it as it happens. Runny eyes and a runny nose aren't pleasant either. Or as I refer to them, "allergy attacks" that come out of nowhere.

My mother, brother and I were so unaccustomed to living in the tropics, we had to prematurely leave our home and my father on Guam and return to the states. In a time when there were few effective medical remedies to so many allergic conditions.

Last edited:
@Misty Avich
What stands out to me is that 3 of your relatives are subject
to extreme sneezing fits, but you aren't.

Do they have any idea what is provoking the sneezing?

Living with unending allergies can be a difficult existence at times. If one sneezes that many times, it is they with a much greater problem than anyone hearing or seeing it as it happens. Runny eyes and a runny nose aren't pleasant either. Or as I refer to them, "allergy attacks" that come out of nowhere.
I also suffer a great deal with my sinuses, as I already mentioned in my OP, so I know how bad it can be.
But with the people I'm talking about, they don't get all the other allergy symptoms like I get, it's just a session of dry sneezes.

Not only I have misophonia (an unpleasant condition that can make someone seem selfish), I also have rhinitis, so I can get a severe allergy attack out of nowhere that can last several hours and won't go away no matter what I do.

I also suffer a great deal with my sinuses, as I already mentioned in my OP, so I know how bad it can be.
But with the people I'm talking about, they don't get all the other allergy symptoms like I get, it's just a session of dry sneezes.

Not only I have misophonia (an unpleasant condition that can make someone seem selfish), I also have rhinitis, so I can get a severe allergy attack out of nowhere that can last several hours and won't go away no matter what I do.

The one thing I forgot to consider when I moved to the High Desert of Northern Nevada was the desert itself.

With a common dust allergy on top of many others (sagebrush & ragweed), in a place where dust intrudes into your space even with all doors and windows tightly shut. Even with routinely changing the filters in my apt's duct system whenever the heat comes on, more often than not it makes me sneeze. Where I can go only a few days a week without dusting all the furniture.

Though I have to admit, it's rare that anything makes me sneeze three times in a row. People like us must simply "soldier on"....not much else to do.

The one thing I forgot to consider when I moved to the High Desert of Northern Nevada was the desert itself.

With a common dust allergy on top of many others (sagebrush & ragweed), in a place where dust intrudes into your space even with all doors and windows tightly shut. Even with routinely changing the filters in my apt's duct system whenever the heat comes on, more often than not it makes me sneeze. Where I can go only a few days a week without dusting all the furniture.

Though I have to admit, it's rare that anything makes me sneeze three times in a row. People like us must simply "soldier on"....not much else to do.
I get rhinitis all year round, no matter where I am. It's a bit like irritable bowel syndrome, where a flare-up can just happen out if nowhere with no real triggers. (I don't have IBS, I'm just using it as a comparison).

My aunt once counted her sneezes once and she literally sneezed 52 times in about half an hour.
Holy moly!

"*sneeze* One. *sneeze* two. *sneeze*.............*sneeze* 51! ....I'm done? Really? Gosh darn it, I'm free! *sneeze* aggghhh 52!"

Did your aunt happen to know anyone named Snow White? Cause your aunt may have been Sneezy.

Holy moly!

"*sneeze* One. *sneeze* two. *sneeze*.............*sneeze* 51! ....I'm done? Really? Gosh darn it, I'm free! *sneeze* aggghhh 52!"

Did your aunt happen to know anyone named Snow White? Cause your aunt may have been Sneezy.
That is brilliant! So funny! :tearsofjoy: :tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy:

New Threads

Top Bottom