• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Cannabis Gummies and me

Aspychata

Serenity waves, beachy vibes
V.I.P Member
Does anybody have experience taking these? I thought it might be a safer route then Prozac. I read info at one site and they explicitly explained that these are okay to send. I think, sure the minute l get these, the friendly men in blue will slap handcuffs on me.

Then l found Unity bars that also have this ingredient but they are sold out.

I have severe arthritis in my thumbs and have experimented with cannibis gummies. I found that some THC is needed along with the CBD and a dose of 10 mg of 5 mg CBD and 5 mg THC works best for me. Luckily there is no shortage of recreational shops in Michigan.

Does anybody have experience taking these? I thought it might be a safer route then Prozac. I read info at one site and they explicitly explained that these are okay to send. I think, sure the minute l get these, the friendly men in blue will slap handcuffs on me.

Then l found Unity bars that also have this ingredient but they are sold out.

In Michigan, we have legal dispensaries. My wife experiences disrupted sleep and severe migraine headaches, and uses cannibis gummies. She swears by it. The staff, not surprisingly, are very knowledgeable about the products they carry,...and usually start the conversation with questions regarding "what are you trying to treat or are seeking relief from". They know the proper mix of CBD, CBDn, THC, etc. that will best help with whatever you are having issue with. I have went with my wife a few times and found the staff quite pleasant and helpful. My wife is an RN who does a lot of research on topics,...and understands that in order to achieve best results,...it may mean a combination of "holistic" and "conventional" medicine. The human body is full of canniboid receptors,...which suggests, from a biological and anthropological perspective, humans have evolved using these substances, and perhaps may be of some significant role in our well-being.

There are tons of cannabis infused products out there. It may not be an issue for you to consume it in a sweet sugary package, but I use a tincture...2 drops under the tongue and carry on. Easier to control the dose than cutting things up. I've tried a gummy before when in Colorado...my friend let me try something he'd brought as a gift for me...the bugger 'forgot' to mention these was 50mg! I was tripping balls. Lol. God knows who takes a whole one of those.

I like the suggestion of @Gerald Wilgus... 5mg each of thc/cbd to start. You can go up to 10mg of each if you need to.

Currently it's a 3rd degree felony in Florida to possess edibles. Eighteen states have approved recreational use so far. There is drive to get it approved by 2022. Right now Florida has half a million medical cards issued. So maybe in two more years, I will have this.

Currently it's a 3rd degree felony in Florida to possess edibles. Eighteen states have approved recreational use so far. There is drive to get it approved by 2022. Right now Florida has half a million medical cards issued. So maybe in two more years, I will have this.

Sounds like a tall order given the present regime running that particular state.

I must say, it was an interesting experience visiting a legal dispensary in Nevada with my cousin a few years ago. Don't recall seeing gummies at the time. But they may have been there.

Last edited:
I don't take any medication for my condition because the potential side-effects are to me more of a problem than the condition so I workout until I can't and that helps.

But I have taken the gummies and microdose shrooms on occasion when I don't have responsibilities for the night because they help relieve me of my ego for long enough to be reasonable about complex questions of importance to me. But it's quite rare for me because we don't hire babysitters and the grandparents are an hour away. They do help relieve anxiety for sure at least in me.

Last edited:
Being a personal injury paralegal, noting the amount of car accidents in my state, the first thing in a deadly accident is what meds do you take? I prefer not to have that card. You know there are a lot of accidents if personal injury attorneys have more ads then pharma on your tv. ;)

Last edited:

Michigan is beautiful this time of year,...just saying. Bring some cash and @Gerald Wilgus and I can get you set up. :D

Bring a personal injury paralegal, noting the amount of car accidents in my state, the first thing in a deadly accident is what meds do you take? I prefer not to have that card. You know there are a lot of accidents if personal injury attorneys have more ads then pharma on your tv. ;)

Seems endemic particularly in the Orlando area. But then is it mostly tourists from out-of-state who drive up insurance, legal and medical expenses so much ?

But then if you've ever been to California or New York, you may find an even more litigious society than Florida. Something I learned in underwriting personal injury in Northern California for nearly 20 years. :eek:

I used to live in a free state (Go Blue!) but now only medical marijuana cards. I use cannabis in all forms and use tincture from some plants that I grew before I moved across the country. I turned most of my Space Queen into the tinctures. Edibles are more risky in dosing because they are processed differently in the digestive tract than it is going directly into your bloodstream by vaping, smoking, or tinctures under the tongue. It is much easier to get more than you want (ex. tripping balls) if you use edibles. They vary from time to time.

@Judge -Yes, l was involved in 4 car accidents in 2+ years in Cali.

In Florida, we have the over-medicated elderly, the put in your system anything college kids, and men who ride the lawn mowers drunk to pick up liquor. Take your pick.

My family lives here. I will never move.
Thanks @Sunny1 for your input.

Last edited:
@Judge -Yes, l was involved in 4 car accidents in 2+ years in Cali.

In Florida, we have the over-medicated elderly, the put in your system anything college kids, and men who ride the lawn mowers drunk to pick up liquor. Take your pick.

My family lives here. I will never move away.

@Sunny1 -thanks, l am try to learn about this.

Don't forget that every week on the national news there is a segment called, "Florida Man". "In tonight's news, a Florida man,..." (fill in your most bizarre, outlandish, WTF moment).:D

Yes, l was involved in 4 car accidents in 2+ years in Cali.

Reminds me that sadly one has to also factor in overly-aggressive insurance adjusters who are looking to pin the blame on anyone rather than have to indemnify their policyholders. They too can exacerbate the whole situation. So many parties chasing that almighty dollar. :rolleyes:

I was once accused of a hit-and-run accident in which I could prove that I wasn't even in that state at the time, let alone in a car that I sold some two years before and had to surrender my license plates to the state DMV. Of course my own insurer promptly denied the claim, but it was still quite aggravating that someone could accuse me of a criminal offense outside a court of law. All just to make their quota and protect corporate assets.

Wow. Shocking. I had car cross over the center line into oncoming traffic just to turn into my car. It took the police 5 hours to show up at the accident site, which the guy immediately lied. So if l had left, l would be arrested for what he said.

Yup, l happily left California.

Don't forget that every week on the national news there is a segment called, "Florida Man". "In tonight's news, a Florida man,..." (fill in your most bizarre, outlandish, WTF moment).:D

I will be the first to put this out there. Florida is ----California but on steroids.

Now we have the influx of Califonia moving here so that a second language is starting to be in demand. I have noticed that in the several years l have been here. So you are adding a whole level to the rubric cube.

Visit me in Seattle and we can drink cannabis soda together while playing Puzzle Fighter on the Xbox! It’s not that bad of a commute, is it?

My parents used to live in Seattle off of Federation way.
So l like Seattle. Thanks. It would be neat to organize a huge get together. However l heard airfare has already doubled in price.

Seattle is so beautiful, and l love the restaurants there. Cannabis soda would be cool. West coast is always together and liberal. I miss that here in Florida. Totally different mindset.

New Threads

Top Bottom