• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Cancelled T.V. shows that screwed the fans over the worse ?

Could take me some time to put that list together. Pretty much anything sci-fi or paranormal seems to get the boot sooner or later. Yeah, of so many of them losing "Firefly" really hurt. (I've always boycotted "Castle".) I loved the two-season "Terminator" series...sorry to see Summer Glau no longer as a cyborg.

I also loved "Almost Human" too. Watched "Believe", but sensed it would be cancelled and it was. "Falling Skies" is into it's fourth season...amazing. Resurrection at least will go for another season I think. Revolution seemed to go downhill in the second season, so I wasn't too bummed when they shut that one down. Wondering about "Extant" just assuming it will have a short life too. Ugh....I'd have a better time if I loved cops, docs and lawyers. I do enjoy "Black Book", (a practicing neurologist with BPD) but I'm guessing that won't last either with MY track record. :eek:
Try it, though. It's great.

I miss Batman Beyond. Batgirl was all old and had basically turned into her dad. Bruce was all old and bitter. Good ole Terry McGinnis and his one liners.
There are quite some that come to mind, especially if the ending of the season actually ends in a cliffhanger. Some shows finish up properly and I don't mind it. I've had a topic about this and the need for closure on tv shows a while go. Must've been buried somewhere on the forum.

I always seem to get the short end of the stick since a lot of show I like end up getting cancelled. Perhaps this reflects my poor taste in television shows, lol.

Firefly did get a movie and comics. I did enjoy Firefly, if only because it was a new sci-fi setting/universe. And I'm usually interested in any new fictional universes to see how world building holds up from the writers and such.

Shows that got cancelled and didn't get a good ending that kinda bothered me when I was watching them only to find out "well, you'll never get to know what happens next". And then there are a few I overall enjoyed for the general concept, though perhaps cancellation was coming because of poor writing overall
- Alphas
- Revolution
- Batman Beyond
- Carnivale
- Pushing Daisies
- Reaper
- Almost Human
- That 80s show
Those are ones that come to mind...

Not sure if and how much they screwed people over...a few listed were pretty episodic in general and didn't rely on a big story arc.

And then there are a few which I enjoyed a lot, but they probably ran it's course over multiple seasons. They had their ending eventually, but that doesn't mean that I'm happy they're over. X-files ran it's course, Breaking bad ran it's course... and to some extent Futurama ran it's course eventually.

Also, as a kid I was kinda upset when Seaquest got cancelled. I rewatched that show last year... now I understand why.

Speaking about shows that make no sense to me at some point; The simpsons. It's been over 400 episodes, but no one ever has a birthday. They're stuck in a certain age and wont get a day older. Perhaps it's time to progress a bit, lol. And no I'm not criticing the Simpsons... I've enjoyed that show for quite a while, though after 20 seasons or so you gotta start wondering.

Last edited:
Indeed it did my friend. Indeed it did. I like how Bruce had little trinkets from past villains on display in the bay cave. And had the old costumes of batgirl and robin. Sad what the Joker did to poor, sweet little Tim Drake. I can't remember exactly what happened but I think the Joker like programmed himself or his subconscious into Tim's body so that he could come back after his death and take over his body. And Tim practically went insane. Although, it still doesn't compare to when the joker bear Jason Todd nearly to death with a crowbar. Till this day that is one of the most horrible scenes I've ever witnessed on a children's show. Even for a more serious show like batman. Every once in a while I come across that clip on YouTube and it's more like watching a horror movie or somethin. Lol
It did get a pretty decent run, though. :)

Indeed it did my friend. Indeed it did. I like how Bruce had little trinkets from past villains on display in the bay cave. And had the old costumes of batgirl and robin. Sad what the Joker did to poor, sweet little Tim Drake. I can't remember exactly what happened but I think the Joker like programmed himself or his subconscious into Tim's body so that he could come back after his death and take over his body.
The Joker used Cadmus technology to program his consciousness or whatever into Tim Drake after Joker and Harley "adopted" him.

Joker actually does kill Jason Todd in the comics. If it's referenced in Beyond at all (and I can't remember if it is at the moment; it's been many years), I can understand why it would be softened to "almost," though.

The Joker used Cadmus technology to program his consciousness or whatever into Tim Drake after Joker and Harley "adopted" him.

Joker actually does kill Jason Todd in the comics. If it's referenced in Beyond at all (and I can't remember if it is at the moment; it's been many years), I can understand why it would be softened to "almost," though.
I guess I'm referring to how he was beat nearly to death before actually being killed by the bomb joker left in the warehouse.

dead like me shoud never had been cancelled,it was a classic tv show but only got two series done and a not as good straight to tv film before the network cancelled them.
woud recommend everyone...aquire it,well worth a watch.

Freaks and Geeks, and Carnivale. I still can't believe either of them didn't make it big. I think Freaks and Geeks might have been too real for some, but Carnivale had so much potential. Oh well, let's shake some dust!

I miss Babalyon5, Star Trek Next Gen and MST3000. I am sad that we have no current Star Trek series on TV, They are finaly getting Falling Skies and the Walking Dead over on Amazon prime so we can stream that to the TV now. Mike

I'm about to say something very unpopular that will likely make me a good deal of enemies:

Firefly deserved to be canceled. I remember buying the series, hearing how great it was, and the pilot episode had me absolutely hooked. But then, the second episode, it all seemed to go out the window, Mal's angst, the seriousness of it, and it felt more like a silly comedy than the great work of art that everyone makes it out to be. Sure, it had its moments, even of absolute brilliance (think "Objects in Space," I think is the name of the episode...but I don't think that even got aired), but I think, especially the way it was aired originally (they didn't even show that wonderful pilot as the first episode!) I don't think it had, nor deserved, a chance. I did love the movie though, much better than the show!

I just found out "Black Box" was cancelled. Damn shame....about the struggles of a bipolar neurologist. A show about mental health. Should I be surprised it didn't fly?

Last edited:

New Threads

Top Bottom