• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Can ASD people also have a learning disability?

I was so dyspraxic, my chemicals in my test tube wouldn't even fizz !!! :( :( :( Shame because I've grown to love the mental part of it in old age. (I love your user name.)
Thanks for the username quote thing, I picked it since I'm a chemist, and really like phlogiston theory even though it was wrong, it was on the right track. And when I was in the Army I served in the 101 airborne for a bit. Other than that, I really suck at picking usernames etc. I'm still trying to find a cool avitar for my profile.

I picked slippers to go with the armchair. Oxygen explains what commonly burns but not why. Chemistry is going to go places in the next 100 years!

I really felt for the children who suffered more neglectful teaching than me in the 1960s-70s.

I picked slippers to go with the armchair. Oxygen explains what commonly burns but not why. Chemistry is going to go places in the next 100 years!

I really felt for the children who suffered more neglectful teaching than me in the 1960s-70s.
Not too sure what to say, I guess don't feel bad for me at least. The past is gone, we can only learn from it. I really hated being in public school, I guess since I have relatively high IQ iintelligence I never got the help I needed in school, but I made it, but just barely. It took me a long time to figure things out on my own, but I managed, and was able to put myself through college and fiinally graduate. Life is pretty good now.

I don't have an high IQ which dismissed my initial Asperger's diagnostic. I have about an 2.0 GPA in High School which I think is a C average.

Also looking at the stats it seems that 80% of Asperger's drop out of college and 90% are unemployed. I feel into those numbers.

I don't have an high IQ which dismissed my initial Asperger's diagnostic. I have about an 2.0 GPA in High School which I think is a C average.

Also looking at the stats it seems that 80% of Asperger's drop out of college and 90% are unemployed. I feel into those numbers.
Hi Tony, you don't need a high IQ to succeed at what you want to do, you only need to find the thing you want to do. From what I've read Andy Warhol, the artist guy had an IQ in the 80's or so, but he did well. IQ intelligence isn't everything, I suck at emotional, and social IQ, i'm probably like a young child in that respect. I use IQ intelligence to compensate, but it doesn't always work. I graduated high school in 1985, but college in 2002. I dropped out of college many times, I had lots of odd jobs at that time, and even joined the Army for a bit. But I was stubborn and kept at it and finally graduated. It's not easy, but for me I guess I eventually got mad and decided I'm goiing to do it now for real. Since I was very young I wanted to be a scientist, and when I found I had a talent for chemistry, that is what I followed.

New Threads

Top Bottom