• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Call for video clips on boosting social skills.

MROSS

The type of video-clips I'm seeking in this discussion-thread are difficult to come-by - that is too many video-clips on social interaction treat adult audiences like children.
The type of video clips I'm seeking present adults on the Autism Spectrum from first person points of view:

A couple of examples:

- The PBS Show, 'POV, I Didn't See You There.' The show profiled a man going-out into the world.

Trailer to show:

- 'Autism Sensory Experience'

A 2min. 38sec. video-clip from a first person perspective. First person perspective videos are a must in this discussion thread!

Any further video clips to add?

The video-clips submitted are good choices in "breaking the ice."

Have the people who made these video-clips chimed-in here on 'Autism Fourms?'

Imagine becoming acquainted with the people behind, and people who are supportive of such awesome videos!

I know that Paul from Autism from the inside and Taylor, who is Mom on the Spectrum, do interactive stuff online. I think they are too busy doing their own Autism content to come to this board.
I did see Autistamatic here once. He also has a great yt channel.

The people involved with the production of video-clips helpful for boosting confidence to developing friendships might make the time to chime-in here in the 'Friends, Family & Social Skills Forum.'

Any new 'Autism Forums' members to bring further diversity?

Video-clips that receive second looks (double takes) - on account of being unique from most other video-clips applying common formats, themes, etc. - that is video-clips too often not helpful in boosting motivation, social-skills, etc.

One type of video-clip needed for inclusion in this discussion thread might reach adults who are challenged by that difficult to understand part of the Autism Spectrum, 'of not being quite disabled enough, yet not quite able enough either.' In short, too many challenges with "fitting in. " Such a video-clip (from personal experiences) might be quite helpful.

Video-clips that receive second looks (double takes) - on account of being unique from most other video-clips applying common formats, themes, etc. - that is video-clips too often not helpful in boosting motivation, social-skills, etc.

One type of video-clip needed for inclusion in this discussion thread might reach adults who are challenged by that difficult to understand part of the Autism Spectrum, 'of not being quite disabled enough, yet not quite able enough either.' In short, too many challenges with "fitting in. " Such a video-clip (from personal experiences) might be quite helpful.
The video-clips sought for this disc. thread are those unique hard-to-find videos - that is most videos on social skills apply the usual 'how-to' approaches from third-person narrators.

The videos necessary for inclusion take candid, first-person perspectives (from the point of view of a person on the Autism Spectrum). Such formats might serve as motivations to "break the ice" so to speak.

Those helpful, yet overlooked, video clips are online - keep scouring the Internet to find, and place these videos in this disc. thread!

The type of video-clips I'm seeking in this discussion-thread are difficult to come-by - that is too many video-clips on social interaction treat adult audiences like children.
The type of video clips I'm seeking present adults on the Autism Spectrum from first person points of view:

A couple of examples:

- The PBS Show, 'POV, I Didn't See You There.' The show profiled a man going-out into the world.

Trailer to show:

- 'Autism Sensory Experience'

A 2min. 38sec. video-clip from a first person perspective. First person perspective videos are a must in this discussion thread!

Any further video clips to add?
^ Review: Video-clips presenting adults on the Autism Spectrum from candid, first person perspectives. ^

New Threads

Top Bottom