• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Burn out study

Outdated

I'm from the other end of the spectrum.
V.I.P Member
It will be interesting to see how many of their findings fit with our experiences:

I did not know in Australia that burn out is not recognized as an official condition. Especially by the Diagnostic and Statistical Manual in Australia. Burn out can have serious consequences if not treated properly. I would suffer from burn out by the end of each semester in college. I would always have to take the summer semester off because if I didn’t, I would have a mental break down.

I like how this article explains how depression and burnout are different because both conditions affect different parts of the body and brain. To the common eye, it can easily be mistaken to be the same thing when it isn’t. I also like how this article talks about how you can tackle burnout as well by giving suggestions and support.

IMO studies like this are tailor-made to obfuscate people's ability to identify what is actually wrong in their life and sell more pharmaceuticals. Intentionally or not, these studies move blame away from businesses taking advantage of their workforce and the need to work non-stop to service debt.

There are so many people to point the finger at no one can actually be blamed.

New Threads

Top Bottom