• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Bullet Journal - Asperger and ADHD

selfhatetoselflove

Hi guys! I have Asperger, and though I'm not officially diagnosed yet, I'm quite sure I have ADHD as well. I thought I had dyslexia, but realized it was ADHD just recently. It was a helpful finding for me as it would give me some treatments and strategies I could use in daily life. I found bullet journal as an effective tool for the falks with ADHD, but do you find it helpful, too? I think it can be fun to make the journal in my own way, but at the same time, it could be just time-consuming. I've always had trouble making my own schedule, and that's why I liked to be in school as it gave me a certain schedule everyday. Any opinion?

Hi guys! I have Asperger, and though I'm not officially diagnosed yet, I'm quite sure I have ADHD as well. I thought I had dyslexia, but realized it was ADHD just recently. It was a helpful finding for me as it would give me some treatments and strategies I could use in daily life. I found bullet journal as an effective tool for the falks with ADHD, but do you find it helpful, too? I think it can be fun to make the journal in my own way, but at the same time, it could be just time-consuming. I've always had trouble making my own schedule, and that's why I liked to be in school as it gave me a certain schedule everyday. Any opinion?
You are unique so The solution should be unique

Never heard of Bullet Journals before. How does it works?

I end to make systems up easily enough but have trouble maintaining them.

this might be helpful to get a glimpse of bullet journal! It's basically your customized journal to keep yourself on track of everything you need to get done.

Oh, is having both ADHD and Asperger uncommon?

this might be helpful to get a glimpse of bullet journal! It's basically your customized journal to keep yourself on track of everything you need to get done.

Oh, is having both ADHD and Asperger uncommon?

Thanks for the bullet journal link. It looks like it might be helpful. Here is another link about bullet journals I found:
How to Bullet Journal: The Absolute Ultimate Guide.

I am very interested in organizing techniques. I have already tried card files for scheduling, which have the advantage of movable cards. A disadvantage of these is when you drop them. Three ring binders are not as messy when dropped, but are noisy to open and close.

I also like to make hard copy daily schedules and cover them with sheet protectors, so I can write on them with a dry erase pen and then erase after I check everything off. I just do this for repeating daily schedule items.

People who have Aspergers/Autism often have other problems like ADHD. You are in good company here, in more ways than one.:D

I've both and always struggled to stay organised.

I'm looking for systems now so I'll check out bullet journal, thanks.

I recently started ADHD meds which seem to help a lot. I also control glutamate in my diet and avoid gluten and dairy and soy.

Small amounts of any of the above send my ADHD into orbit.

Thanks for the bullet journal link. It looks like it might be helpful. Here is another link about bullet journals I found:
How to Bullet Journal: The Absolute Ultimate Guide.

I am very interested in organizing techniques. I have already tried card files for scheduling, which have the advantage of movable cards. A disadvantage of these is when you drop them. Three ring binders are not as messy when dropped, but are noisy to open and close.

I also like to make hard copy daily schedules and cover them with sheet protectors, so I can write on them with a dry erase pen and then erase after I check everything off. I just do this for repeating daily schedule items.

People who have Aspergers/Autism often have other problems like ADHD. You are in good company here, in more ways than one.:D
Thank you for affirming that I belong here:)
I also find it difficult to stay organized, too, but I'm hoping to put everything (well, maybe not everything... I guess I still write something somewhere and forget) into bullet journal from now on!

I've both and always struggled to stay organised.

I'm looking for systems now so I'll check out bullet journal, thanks.

I recently started ADHD meds which seem to help a lot. I also control glutamate in my diet and avoid gluten and dairy and soy.

Small amounts of any of the above send my ADHD into orbit.
ADHD meds seem to be helpful for many people, and I hope it will continue to serve you well! I'm hoping to get a diagnosis soon so that I could also get medication when needed. I am also gluten-free and vegetarian, and since I cut gluten from my diet, it began to be easier to know what to eat and mood swing or meltdown have been less than before!

ADHD meds seem to be helpful for many people, and I hope it will continue to serve you well! I'm hoping to get a diagnosis soon so that I could also get medication when needed. I am also gluten-free and vegetarian, and since I cut gluten from my diet, it began to be easier to know what to eat and mood swing or meltdown have been less than before!

For me casein in dairy is as bad as gluten - pizza used to hammer me.

I also have to limit dietary glutamate like nuts and boney meats.

Soy is as bad for me too - there's a lot of glutamate in it and a lot of vegan/GF/vege foods have soy in.

I was in denial about soy as I love sushi with loads of soy.

Most of the food I've had to remove has been my favourite stuff, probably because I was drawn to it as it's kind of pycho-active for me.

The meds are chilling me out loads and helping me sleep better.

I just checked out bullet journal - very interesting.

I'm going to give it a try - I try to do most things digital, but tasks and organisation works best on paper for me.

I might use Pomodoro timers too though.

New Threads

Top Bottom