• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Bug Report Thread

Droopy

Founder & Former Admin
V.I.P Member
Use this thread to report all bugs, glitches and problems with the forums.

Currently known issues:

1. "Remember Me" feature does not work.
2. "Who's Online" display is broken. Fixed.
3. Member profiles are broken. Fixed.

Just to update everybody: the "Who's Online" display has now been fixed an re-enabled again. The member profiles have been disabled until we can fix them. I do not expect the member profiles to be fixed for some time as another upgrade is due around Christmas which will see the profiles fixed anyway (that particular upgrade will fix profiles and bring other features). So, I am going to wait until then before attempting to fix them.

I actually went through some of the repair features and optimising features, but it seems that the problems still occur, however, it did make the forum run smoothly.

I also want to point out that I can't seem to get access to "Experience" :(

The next upgrade will fix the experience bug. While the profiles did get messed up and experience isn't accessible, overall we did benefit from the upgrade as around 200+ bugs were fixed.

The next update will not be due until around Christmas time I think. Is there anything specifically you want to see about your profile? Like a visitor message or something?

I want to see my notifications and be able to change my avatar.

Notifications are displayed at the bottom of every page (on the floating bar where you log-in). You can change your avatar in your account settings by clicking here.

If you mean to change your profile picture and see visitor messages, member profiles have been temporarily disabled as mentioned above.

I'm on my phone, using Opera Mini as I can't afford fancy stuff. I keep having to log in here, which isn't like any other forum I use. Why?

I'm on my phone, using Opera Mini as I can't afford fancy stuff. I keep having to log in here, which isn't like any other forum I use. Why?

We are not sure of the exact reasons why but other forums do experience this problem. Currently there is no fix for it.

I'm having problems posting, sometimes. It 'freezes', sometimes, & I can't even type in the box. The buttons then don't work, either. I'm using Firefox 3.6.13 at the moment.

I'm having problems posting, sometimes. It 'freezes', sometimes, & I can't even type in the box. The buttons then don't work, either. I'm using Firefox 3.6.13 at the moment.
On every occasion, I check the panels to see if everything on the site functions properly.
I'm also using Firefox 3.6.13.

Although however, I don't seem to be having this problem at all on my side.

It is only a few times so far but I thought I should mention it, anyway. I gather there are any number of little blips that can happen!

Did you check "Remember Me"? It actually now saves you from having to keep automatically logging in?

On the other hand, Opera Mini uses things like proxy servers and their IP is very dynamic which might be the cause of why you have to keep logging in?

However they should be able to store cookies well, if not you may have to actually update your Opera Mini.

Did you check "Remember Me"? It actually now saves you from having to keep automatically logging in?

On the other hand, Opera Mini uses things like proxy servers and their IP is very dynamic which might be the cause of why you have to keep logging in?

However they should be able to store cookies well, if not you may have to actually update your Opera Mini.
Thanks, that was sorted, one way or another & now I've got a laptop (that seems to work a lot better than the last one), I'll be on that. Not yet any more refusing to post with Firefox, so let's hope whatever that was is fixed, too.

I've noticed lots of bugs which range from minor to serious, but even the minor ones are slightly annoying:

. I can no longer see who's browsing the forum under Current Active Users without having to click on the link underneath (not a big deal, but a bug nonetheless. Though seeing who's browsing the board could help me spot out trolls/spammers more quickly)
. I can no longer change my settings (I can only view my profile)
. People who visit my profile don't show up under "Recent Visitors" (the same last visitors have shown up for months now)

The biggest bug is the one that's preventing me from changing my settings. Is anyone else experiencing any of these problems?

I've noticed lots of bugs which range from minor to serious, but even the minor ones are slightly annoying:

. I can no longer see who's browsing the forum under Current Active Users without having to click on the link underneath (not a big deal, but a bug nonetheless. Though seeing who's browsing the board could help me spot out trolls/spammers more quickly)
. I can no longer change my settings (I can only view my profile)
. People who visit my profile don't show up under "Recent Visitors" (the same last visitors have shown up for months now)

The biggest bug is the one that's preventing me from changing my settings. Is anyone else experiencing any of these problems?

The Who's Online area is still accessible so that is not really such a problem on my side but it doesn't show who is online on the homepage which I have a feeling these bugs would have something to do with the forum upgrades.

The current bypass to your settings is to click "Notifications" > "Inbox".

This may have something to do with the forum layouts and themes like what the 1st theme did but it could be unlikely.

New Threads

Top Bottom