• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Breakfast at Panera

Agreed. It's like they're trying too hard. They offer what appears to be an upscale low calorie menu ... bacon and eggs with cheese on an asiago cheese bagel ... a spinach and artichoke souffle ... a berries and granola parfait (served over fresh yogurt) ... and they're clearly appealing to a specific demographic which does not apparently include either of us because I can't find anything on their menu that remotely appeals to me. The only reason I know about them is because at my last school, our school admin would buy breakfasts for the teachers once a month and the breakfast was always from Panera Bread ... so I'm familiar with their entire breakfast menu because our building admin ordered EVERYTHING.

wanderer03 must like it since he was there for breakfast ... unless this was a first time for him.

I'll take a simple breakfast sandwich any day ... scrambled eggs, sausage patty, and cheese on a toasted English muffin ... or a breakfast burrito stuffed with hash brown potatoes, scrambled eggs, a bit of chorizo, and some salsa and cheese.

And darn it ... I never eat breakfast on the weekends but now I have a hankering for a Denny's style breakfast which I'll just make myself ... chicken fried steak (I have a box of these in one of my freezers), home fried potatoes, whole wheat toast, 2 fried eggs, and a side of crispy bacon. I don't eat a lot of bacon but have 5 pounds in a freezer. I buy my bacon from Sam's club and it comes in a case ... so I repack it ... pulling each slice apart and laying the strips side by side on a half sheet pan lined with parchment paper. Once the parchment paper is covered with bacon, I put another sheet on top and repeat this layering process until the bacon has been used up. I then put plastic wrap over the pan and freeze it. Whenever I need bacon ... always just two strips ... I simply take the bacon off the parchment paper and pan fry it.

AWAY TO BREAKFAST!
Sadly, (This is a purely individual thing), I dislike many "breakfast foods" because, although I do like their taste, I have a sensory dislike of sticky foods and so many breakfast foods are sticky...pancakes with syrup, waffles with syrup, orange juice...real maple syrup does taste good, yes, I just don't like its stickiness. With many types of big breakfasts I have a textural problem-isolated I could eat many of the foods, but combined into one meal, the combining of sticky and greasy textures from various sources is too much. And I find that there is too much sweetness in such a big breakfast. Sweetness in one of the foods is okay, but it's too much when it belongs to most of the stuff on the table. I dislike breakfast sausages as well since I dislike the taste of pork. (I will occasionally make a pork chop, though, but it's harder to eat it in other forms). I understand other people's enjoyment of such meals, I really do, I understand the pleasure that comes from such tastes, it's just harder to actually eat such things myself.

It's cool: your decision to go ahead and make a Denny's style breakfast yourself. There's something cool about making a restaurant style meal instead of ordering it; you get not only the taste, but also the joy of creation.

It's cool: your decision to go ahead and make a Denny's style breakfast yourself. There's something cool about making a restaurant style meal instead of ordering it; you get not only the taste, but also the joy of creation.

Order up! One large calorie and fat laden breakfast! Oh .... I can already feel my arteries hardening up ... but it's so darn GOOD!

Chicken fried steak which is a egg washed breaded slice of tenderized beef that's deep fried for any of you not familiar with Southern or Southwestern American cuisine ... home fried potatoes, whole wheat toast, fried eggs, and bacon.

From raw and/or frozen to posting this ... it was what ... 35 minutes? And yes, the plate presentation was sloppy ... but this is my breakfast which I'm enjoying at home. I haven't had breakfast at home for something like six months.

What an odd experience.

breakfast.jpg

New Threads

Top Bottom