• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Bones!

C

Chris

Anyone watch/watched Bones? Scientific crime-investigation drama series thingy, think it's aired on sky one, or it was.

Been watching the box-set Willow has of the first four seasons, some way into season 2 now. Love it. :)

OMFG I LOVE BONES.
It's the best show in the world(after House).
I have all the seasons, except from 5, but I'm downloading the episodes as they get released in the US weekly :D.
BONES is sort of like a special interest of mine.
There was a point where every time I was having a conversation with someone I'd try and relate it to a BONES episode or scence, and then just talk about the show.
IT'S AWESOME ;D.
EMZ=]

Its pretty tame. I watched it for a while. I didn't really like the characters, and it was about bones everytime, as in the victim. Dexter is on another level. Then again, I watch Lost, and I know its tripe haha.

Bones/Temperenace/Dr. Brenan isn't the victim, she's the forensic anthropologist.
The story focuses around most of the people who work there and their lives. The people who get murdered are only mentioned in the episode they're murdered in, usually.
I used to like LOST but it started getting stupid and by the 3rd season I was fed-up.
I've not watched Dexter but people have recommended it. I might DL later.
EMZ=]

I saw one episode of bones.

I also read a book called Bones. It was by a forensic osteopath. It was good.

I wonder if all the science surrounding the shows holds up. Obviously none of us are well enough acknowledged in forensic anthropolegy (I think) to confirm/deny that, but I thought the person that wrote it (well, the books), was a forensic anthropologist, so... It'd make sense for it all to hold some truth. Cool if it is. :p

Yeah, Brenan is based on Kathy Reichs(sp?).
I recall noticing some errors in what she said, but very rarely. I don't know much about anthropology and I doubt it was about that, but I do recall her being wrong on a few things.
In season 5 it gets a bit ridiculous btw... the CIA, national security, Area 51, John F. Kenedy's remains, etc. etc. get involved... It's a bit of a disappointment really :(.
TBH, it was probably something about computers or w.e that they got wrong. They get it wrong every episode. LOL.
EMZ=]

Bones/Temperenace/Dr. Brenan isn't the victim, she's the forensic anthropologist.
The story focuses around most of the people who work there and their lives. The people who get murdered are only mentioned in the episode they're murdered in, usually.
I used to like LOST but it started getting stupid and by the 3rd season I was fed-up.
I've not watched Dexter but people have recommended it. I might DL later.
EMZ=]

I don't mean the dr bones, I mean the murder victim's, its always about their bones. And that trying to be ironic with the fact the lady Dr is called Bones, makes it pretty retarded.

She's only called Bones because Booth nicknamed her that. I like it anyway. :)

It gets annoying that the main characters don't develop much (in a romantic way). It's obvious that Brennan and Booth are meant to be together, but in my opinion they are dragging it out too much.

@Emor, I've only seen up to episode 10 in series 5 (I think). Have you seen more of it?

I'm up to episode 14 now xD.
*cough*http://bones-streaming.blogspot.com/*cough*
I find it annoying but agree with the authors that it'd wreck the series. If they do get together it'll be when the series is ending. I was scared on the fourth season that it was going to be the last tbh. Or the fifth would be if the fourth wasn't.
EMZ=]

Its better to go out while its at its best <_< If you know what I mean. Soprano's did that. You just need other drama's. Nip Tuck is worth watching from the beggining also, hillarious!

lol

@Emor, I know that the writers have said that, and to an extent yeah I see their point. But it always seems like we have Bones and Booth dancing around and Angela and Jack dancing around, Sweets is the only one who got who he wanted! At some point they just all need to get married :)

That'll be the end of the series though :(. The tension between both pairs is one of the main aspects of the show.
I think the last episode of Season 4 was to show what it'd be like and satisfy everyone's demands. IMO, it doesn't work that great. Temperance and Booth are supposed to disagree all the time, etc. and have awkward moments, IMO, it's just weird when they get along and love each other and stuff.
I don't think it'd work and it'd get boring after a while and if they broke up it'd wreck the show too.
What I love about House is that he hates everyone so he can leave and exit relationships without it wrecking the show. I think they just don't put too much focus on one aspect.
While BONES is actually dependent on these aspects. I was surprised they got rid of Zach tbh. He was one of the main characters and it was a really risky move.
BONES can't work without Booth and Temperance's relationship being good at least(people like to say it's progressing, but it's really not, it changed from season 1 to season 2, but that's it). If they stopped talking and meeting after a break-up it'd wreck it, and them always together probably would too.
I do think something should happen with Angela and Jack though. Jack keeps saying stuff to Angela, like on the 23rd episode of Season 4(I think that episode) and then a couple of episodes, hell, even one episode, it's forgotten and nothing happens. Angela and Jack worked and the show kept running.
There's also other things. Temperance and Booth never have those sessions with Sweets anymore(afaik his book isn't finished, or is it just laying around unpublished?), and they ended the whole Temperance having a baby thing waaay too quickly. I also think it would have worked. In the 3rd or 2nd season her and Booth had to look after a baby together for an episode and it worked surprisingly well. I would have enjoyed that every episode tbh.
EMZ=]
EDIT: I actually plan on downloading the first series of Niptuck, I watched a few episodes and it was cool.
I watched the first episode of 24 with a friend but we got bored and took the DVD out. Not really tried to watch it again xD.

Hmm, they seem to bring aspects into it (like Temperance having a baby) but then fizzle them out for a while. I don't know, I think it will work a while longer, the way they are doing it. But I definately thing they can afford to get Jack and Angela back together and not lose any viewers, because as you say, the main 'tension' is between Bones and Booth. I just hope then when it does eventually end, they round it off nicely, tieing up all the loose ends. Also, I think they need to make sure they don't drag it out too long, or get too ridiculous, because if they get 'axed' and taken off air before they've tied up the loose ends, that'll just be ****. lol

...because if they get 'axed' and taken off air before they've tied up the loose ends, that'll just be ****. lol

:( !

If that happens I'm compiling hilarious alternate series endings from previous clips. :)

I love bones! Love to see how bones and booth interact with eachother. And the other characters are cool too. i miss zach.

Just ordered season 1-4 box . Bones has become a special interest of mine . Wich I dont mind at all.

I am going thru alot of anexity right now for different reasons. But when I sitt down and watch bones. the anexity goes away for the time. Its so nice to get a break.

And bones makes me smile. Always nice smileing now and then.

New Threads

Top Bottom