• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Board and Card Games

The kids at work play that. I had never seen it before, but happened to see the cards behind the front desk in my building and took a look at them. I agree, it's definitely not a game for public consumption, though I have to admit that some of the combinations were quite amusing.
Kids? How old? I always thought of Cards Against Humanity as more of an adult game.

I played chess to a very high standard as a very young child where I could beat most serious adult club players and played for the Birmingham UK team for my age as well as tournaments around the country, but at the age of 10 I was introduced to computers which took over exclusively as my special interest, I'm now 48 and this hasn't changed. I can still play chess quite well, but since I have barely played for 38 years I have lost practice and wouldn't be as good as when I was literally only 9 or 10 years old.

Since my interest and skill is extremely one sided I am poor at most other things. I'm however especially bad at general knowledge quizzes (how many general knowledge questions do you get about computers?). This means that I'm also very bad at any game that involves general knowledge, E.g. trivial pursuits. People can't understand how I can be so poor at this when I'm so good at computers, for some reason many think that general knowledge is a good measurement of intelligence, but it's not, it's just that I've took barely any interest in learning trivial general knowledge during my life.

I like most board games but especially Scrabble, backgammon and up words. Not easy to find people to play with though so now I play online. Used to play Words with Friends until everyone started cheating so now play UpWords online. No one has invented a cheat app yet and hope that never do!

Has anyone played Euchre?
It is a 4 person game that is played in teams. I really like the quick the pace of the game and the scoring. I also like how jacks of a certain suit are the strongest card...one of the many games where aces are not the strongest.

My favourite is Scrabble. I like board games, but but don't have anyone to play them with so rarely play. Also, people don't want to play them with me.

My favourite is Scrabble. I like board games, but but don't have anyone to play them with so rarely play. Also, people don't want to play them with me.
Have you tried the online Scrabble? I think it is called words with friends... I played it a few years ago...not sure it is popular anymore. There is an online community where you can see if anyone wants to play

Have you tried the online Scrabble? I think it is called words with friends... I played it a few years ago...not sure it is popular anymore. There is an online community where you can see if anyone wants to play
No, I haven't tried online Scrabble - I'm a bit shy to approach and start playing with people I don't know, I have social anxiety and it's a bit out of my comfort zone.

No, I haven't tried online Scrabble - I'm a bit shy to approach and start playing with people I don't know, I have social anxiety and it's a bit out of my comfort zone.
But I understand completely. I have a huge barrier when it comes to interacting with new people. It takes so much just to get out of my comfort zone. I am not a gamer at all, but i do like playing scrabblle and risk online because it helps me keep my mind moving. I'm Danny btw. nice to meet you

the computer...but I also win because it makes me happy :D
I'm quite competitive in that if I'm going to play, I like to know that I've got a chance of winning - if the computer won all the time, I would quickly lose motivation... but I suppose, I could play to improve to and better my score. Could you please post a link for me to check it out?

I'm quite competitive in that if I'm going to play, I like to know that I've got a chance of winning - if the computer won all the time, I would quickly lose motivation... but I suppose, I could play to improve to and better my score. Could you please post a link for me to check it out?

Sure, I hope it helps...

Words with friends (app for phone):
Words With Friends Classic - Android Apps on Google Play

Pogo Scrabble (online game site):
http://www.pogo.com/games/scrabble

You should try Up words. It's really challenging and there are four levels of play against the computer if you don't want to play others. I play all the time and don't have a problem playing others. It's up to you to interact....or not!

You should try Up words. It's really challenging and there are four levels of play against the computer if you don't want to play others. I play all the time and don't have a problem playing others. It's up to you to interact....or not!
Thanks! :)

You can play WWF and Up words on Facebook, but it's easier on a device. I play on my tablet.
I only have my PC with Windows 10, it's the only option I have. I have a mobile phone, but I don't use it to connect to the internet.

New Threads

Top Bottom