• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Blind dating

. . .

V.I.P Member
How do you feel about blind dating? Do you find it utterly stupid, or does the thought of meeting a mystery person who could potentially become your lover thrill you?

I think I'm way too paranoid to ever be able to do such a thing. Sure - there's a chance I could meet someone awesome . . . but what if I'd meet a total douche?

To me, that would be really scary so personally I wouldn't do it or take the chance especially when you don't know who the person is going to be like (in personality) since that's the thing that I tend to focus more on.

. Sure - there's a chance I could meet someone awesome . . . but what if I'd meet a total douche?

Logically, the chance of a first date with someone you know vs. a stranger ending up as a total douche is the same. The chances of meeting someone awesome stand to be the same as well.

Look at it this way- the whole point of a date is to determine whether said person meets the approval for further steps in whatever desired relationship may be. Otherwise we'd all pair off like penguins when the mood strikes. Unfortunately for humans, we're a shade more psychologically and socially complex than that. People change (both in situation and in time in different degrees), people are picky, etc., and so forth...

To lessen the changes of meeting someone horribly douchey or horribly boring, would be to at least have some conversations with them first. A hardcore blind date would be unsettling in my opinion. I'd have to at least have a vague idea what they're about and if the date will stand a chance of at least being decently pleasant.
E-mails or chatting online seems to be a good way to feel it out.

New Threads

Top Bottom