• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Black Panther

Recast him. the movie was made for money and not representation. In my opinion Black Panther is pandering bait for blacks.

They'll likely replace him anyway, like when they replaced Edward Norton as Bruce Banner/The Hulk for Avengers. With that, the Marvel opening for the next film will probably feature scenes/clips of Chadwick as a tribute - like what they did for Stan Lee at the beginning of Captain Marvel.

Recast him. the movie was made for money and not representation. In my opinion Black Panther is pandering bait for blacks.

Yeah, I'll admit - I felt Black Panther was pretty overrated; it repeated the same story arc that T'Challa had already gone through in Civil War, had a lot of plot holes/conveniences, had some downright silly/confusing moments (armoured rhinos, anyone?) and had a villain who - to me at least - just seemed like an angry, bitter child in a grown man's body rather than the deep villain that the media claimed he was.
I won't go any further at the risk of the thread becoming political (which is not the author's intent), but as I say, I wasn't fussed on Black Panther.

I did enjoy Chadwick's portrayal of the character, however, so whoever Disney picks to replace him will definitely have an uphill battle to climb.

They'll likely replace him anyway, like when they replaced Edward Norton as Bruce Banner/The Hulk for Avengers. With that, the Marvel opening for the next film will probably feature scenes/clips of Chadwick as a tribute - like what they did for Stan Lee at the beginning of Captain Marvel.

Yeah, I'll admit - I felt Black Panther was pretty overrated; it repeated the same story arc that T'Challa had already gone through in Civil War, had a lot of plot holes/conveniences, had some downright silly/confusing moments (armoured rhinos, anyone?) and had a villain who - to me at least - just seemed like an angry, bitter child in a grown man's body rather than the deep villain that the media claimed he was.
I won't go any further at the risk of the thread becoming political (which is not the author's intent), but as I say, I wasn't fussed on Black Panther.

I did enjoy Chadwick's portrayal of the character, however, so whoever Disney picks to replace him will definitely have an uphill battle to climb.
yeh was a great actor at the end of the day

This post wasn't meant to be about politics or race, but I guess the character is both. I loved Bosemans portrayal and I don't think a recast will go over too well. This isn't Bruce Banner n of just anyone can play Panther.

This post wasn't meant to be about politics or race, but I guess the character is both. I loved Bosemans portrayal and I don't think a recast will go over too well. This isn't Bruce Banner n of just anyone can play Panther.

Yeah, that's why I stopped myself before I went any further as I pointed out that you likely didn't want this thread to go in that direction.
No-one is going to replace Chadwick and I'm honestly not sure whether they'll recast his role or - if the rumour I've read is real - push ahead with having T'Challa's sister Shuri become the new Black Panther earlier than anticipated.

New Threads

Top Bottom